DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today my sister in law bought a 96 ES Trep and all in all its in pretty good shape but like any car from one of those buy here pay here lots it go a few issues.

To start with the tube between the filter box and the air plenum was missing so i had to replace it with a Spector flex tube which fit perfectly surprisingly.

The next was the speedo needle was spun all the way around due to a bad motor that the guy at the lot told me the cluster needed to be replaced so i pulled the cluster while she was filling out the paperwork and got it working again.

Now moving on to the broken passenger side headlight well i guess i don't really need to explain that now do i lol.

Its still got a bunch of other little **** to fix like valve cover gaskets and things of that nature but allot of big stuff has already been replaced like the cradle bushings inner and outer tie-rods and lower control arms along with strut rods and bushings.

Now for the best part it becomes mine when she buys another car and i have card blonch to do anything i want to it while she still owns it :D

Here's a few pics as she sits.

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys.

The salesman at the lot made me laugh when he was telling me about the car and what it takes to fix one and how cheap they could do the repairs that it still needs so my wife opened the hood on mine and his jaw just dropped and then she said can you make it look like this and then there was nothing but :crickets::crickets:

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well i can add another miner issue to the list code 54 cam sensor.

The plug is all broke up and needs to be replaced is there any chance i could get a new one somewhere i could solder on?

Im hoping not to have to use a used one from the yard.

·
Registered
3,850 Posts
There are a few companies online that sell connector pigtails, but they never seem to have the ones I need. All of the ones I've used are from a junkyard

·
Registered
8,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well i found out the problem with the cam sensor code whoever installed the sensor didn't have it far enough in to knock of the paper spacer :facepalm:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts