DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to race my best friend in his Eclipse. We have been wondering who would win for a few months now. Well, we were both going to my house to use the internet here when we both got to a red light next to each other (no cars in front of us). He revved up like he always does so I knew he wanted to race, so I waited patiently for the green light and put the pedal down (no autostick), at about 6000rpm I lifted off the gas and slammed back on to kick into 2nd...at that point I could see his whole car in my side mirror so I slowed down since I was going 55/60 in a 25 and I took a different route to my house. When we arrived at my house he got out, "Dude, I didn't think you would embarrass me like that."

Mind you he has the 2.4L with an after market exhaust and a k&n cold air intake system as well as no subs to way him down as I do. I'm so proud of my old girl. :smile:

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
This kind of reminds me...when I was back in Ohio, going home, I usually went through a tiny-ass town. 35 an hour all through it, after 2 years of going through it and seeing no cops, I began going through doing as much as 70 around 12.30 AM. :D

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wouldn't say it was a residential area...but a very narrow 2 lane, 1 way road. With parking on the street only...so you do need to know the width of your car to be going through there at those kind of speeds. I know it looks like an ok story, but you guys don't know how far back the fighting about who's car would win off the line and how into it we were. Felt so good to see a ricer in the side mirror. And when he ever said I embarrassed him...oh I wish I could hear those words again. :00000024:

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Scarface said:
Did he then add a few '+50 HP stickers' and a weedeater blower?
those only give a max of 25 added hp. to get 50hp or better you need vinyl flames from advance auto or shaggy seat covers from wal-mart. :grinno:

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Scarface said:
What about a checkerboard going across half the car?
checkerboards, different color body panels, and unpainted since put on 1 or more year ago bodykits make you the most fierce competetor on the road. they make you M5 fast. trust me they add over 3000+hp to the crappiest of scions. that's even before supercharger. the amazing thing is they're stll street leagal. so fast they don't even do a 0-60. they do a 0-150.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lmao. All the **** said is so true (not about my friend's ricer) but about the typical ricer mentality. I here by swear that I will never, EVER buy an import.

But he was thinking about seat covers until I talked hi out of it.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Sounds like a good kill. Intrepids are pretty fast off the line, and probably would be at least half a second faster on the quarter mile if they shifted like a sports car rather then a sedan. Do be careful going over twice the posted limit. If you get busted doing that, reckless endangerment is a charge that is a lot more severe then just a speeding ticket. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve done things like that too…like putting my buddy in his tired 91 525 in his place, but it’s not something I recommend.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
ekim401 said:
Lmao. All the **** said is so true (not about my friend's ricer) but about the typical ricer mentality. I here by swear that I will never, EVER buy an import.

keep him away from wal-mart. spandex seat covers with big ass cherrys on the are NOT cool.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ekim401 said:

I hate the typical "RICER" mentality!!! I used to rice, but my time and effort was spent in actual torque and horsepower rather than ug-mug vinyl graphics and chrome rims on a "race car" (whadafxupwidat?)!!

But Nontheless, that sounds like a kill to me.....good one!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts