DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From NewsMax comes this report:
A severely brain-damaged Kansas woman who couldn't talk or feed herself after a car accident two years ago has inexplicably regained those abilities, confounding the predictions of doctors.

Tracy Gaskill, 30, began speaking and swallowing about three weeks ago, family members and medical personnel told the Associated Press. Gaskill had suffered head trauma and internal injuries after her car rolled over on a highway in September 2002.

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
alderran said:
Big difference between two years and fifteen years
Exactly, that was part of what the doctors in the shaivo case said, two years is pretty much the limit to how long you can go and then recover. So hey, maybe it can be longer than two years, maybe three, or four or even five but no way 15. All the signs of Terri smiling when family members came in the room and **** like that are total BS. Doctors said those were natural reactions that in no way represented a conscious reaction. The other thing is that the video that her parents had of her doing this, took like 30 takes to get her to smile when they told her to smile and things like that, so it was edited to look like she was still in there.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
alderran said:
Big difference between two years and fifteen years
How about 20 years, Mr. Smarty-pants? From the same article...
...another woman, Sarah Scantlin, 38, unexpectedly began recovering from a severe brain injury that left her speechless and unable to feed herself for 20 years.

Scantlin is now able to eat on her own and answer questions from physical therapists.

"I'm treating her like I would a head injury patient who was injured a month ago," therapist Emily Bewyer told the AP. "As far as her cognitive skills, we're at a point where we're still uncovering what she can do."
Hah!

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
RapidTransit said:
How about 20 years, Mr. Smarty-pants? From the same article...Hah!
Okay sponge transit stupid pants this "...another woman, Sarah Scantlin, 38, unexpectedly began recovering from a severe brain injury that left her speechless and unable to feed herself for 20 years." is not a veggie for 15 yrs. Sounds to me like she was able to do a lot of things.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
The article isn't clear about how much Sarah Scantlin's condition and the causes for it resembled Terri's. Terri was more than "speechless and unable to feed herself".

·
Banned
4,553 Posts
Y'all crack me up! I can't for the life of me find anywhere in RT's thread that compares the article he posted to the Shaivo case! Y'all just like to argue anymore....that's to bad...

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
A severely brain-damaged Kansas woman who couldn't talk or feed herself after a car accident two years ago has inexplicably regained those abilities, confounding the predictions of doctors.
Damn...she wasn't hit hard enough.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alderran said:
Okay sponge transit stupid pants this "...another woman, Sarah Scantlin, 38, unexpectedly began recovering from a severe brain injury that left her speechless and unable to feed herself for 20 years." is not a veggie for 15 yrs. Sounds to me like she was able to do a lot of things.
Whether Shiavo was in a PVS was debatable.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wonder why is it that the vocal so-called "pro-life" people are also the biggest supporters of the death penalty, the military-industrial complex, waging unnecessary wars, in addition to privatizing and reducing funding to health care system?

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
the punisher said:
I wonder why is it that the vocal so-called "pro-life" people are also the biggest supporters of the death penalty, the military-industrial complex, waging unnecessary wars, in addition to privatizing and reducing funding to health care system?
Not to mention murdering poor Iraqis on a daily basis

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
This article's relation to shaivo is implied, and we all know thats what Al is getting at.

It is not debatable whether terri was a total veg, brain scans showed zero activity, she didn't even have a consiousness she was an empty shell of a person.

Speechless and unable to feed herself is much much different. That implies that she was still conscious and aware of her surroundings, just lost a lot of abilities due to brain damage.

·
Registered
962 Posts
RapidTransit said:
Whether Shiavo was in a PVS was debatable.

Her brain was ****ing gone, man! Pretty much all that was in there was a puddle of spinal fluid. It doesn't get much more permanent!

****, A Furby can react to it's surroundings better than she did, and it's a damn toy!

Reactions: jossimbyr

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
alderran said:
300 billion down the drain and no end in sight... It should be on more people's minds

It's only the start. The president will spend Billions more and 1000's more will die for his war. The only end will be a new government(election or death of Bush).

·
Registered
6,239 Posts
skandalon said:
Does anyone else think that the punisher is just insanedriver's new handle?
Its him, also known as pete (his first name that was banned was PeteM).

1 - 20 of 54 Posts