DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also have a cooling problem. MY car (3.0L Lebaron) doesnt cool the way that it should. The temp will go to a little past the 3/4 mark then cool back down to as low as the 1/4 mark. I recently had a new water pump put in, a new radiator, and a new radiator cap and it still does this. I replaced the thermostat with a cheap 5 dollar one and a 22 dollar Chrysler one. I also replaced the engine coolant temperature sensor. I have no idea what to do next. I know that if I take it to a mechanic I will get raped. Any ideas?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Check your cooling fan..I cannot stress this enough..if it is a Denso they're gonna bury you with the cost, anywhere from 185-320 dollars.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is there a sensor on the cooling fan?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I doubt it. We have a 1993 Duster 3.0 and it was plug n play. Calla around for your best price, and ONLY OEM will fit in there..I will just go ahead and save you alot of heartbreak and trouble by telling you that

·
Registered
562 Posts
I had a 3.0 Duster it was my baby. GOD DAMN DEER!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
but would the fan engage when Im driving? I dont think so? this thing happens when I am driving and sitting

·
Registered
69 Posts
There IS a sensor by the thermostat. If you disconnect that, the fan will run all the time. It might come on, but maybe not enough..if you want, unplug that sensor and see if that helps

Pardon the error:eek:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THe only sensor that I can think of that would be by the thermostat would be the Engine coolant temp sensor. Are you sure that this would work? could it be a faulty gauge?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well, we never did know exactly what sensor that one was, but yes it should help. as to your faulty gage, I doubt that's the problem because it happens alot, and if your car smells hot then you know it's not, and personally I wouldn't want to take the chance myself ;). But if you unplug that sensor then yes your fan should run all the time. I tell ya, you never know how much a player the fan is in the cooling system until it begins to mess up

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well bubbles are coming out whne I ran it with the radiator cap off. I think it is a head gasket. DAMN!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts