DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the exhaust setups on the first and second generation Intrepids the same?

I am considering a Flowmaster 40 or 80, thats what I have seen used around here. I would go the one in, two out like the stock system, just a new muffler. I don't want loudness, just a decent but not irritating rumble, what will provide that, the 40?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
3.5 i assume a flowmaster would give the loudness you don't want, i just removed the rear resanater and replaced it with twin 3" pipes the length of the rez.(stainless pipe i got from work, i love free stuff).

Its a little loud but rumbley and not 100 % wife approved but she is used to it now!

A cheap rumble!

·
Registered
472 Posts
What about just cutting out the BIG muffer under the car and putting a piece of exhaust pipe in its place so you have nothing between the last cat and the Little muffler (or resonator) at the end of the 3.5L set up. Should improve exhaust flow nicely...hopefully not too much, don't wanna lose too much low end torque. But I wonder how it would sound.

·
Registered
662 Posts
EspizTrep said:
im debating what i should put on mine. imma do my exaust next frieday. might go with the 40. but i heard it get annoying after a few days... and a ricer exaust would be crap on a trep... i want a mustang kindda sound.
can't really touch a v8 sound with a v6.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Barto1127 said:
can't really touch a v8 sound with a v6.
You and ozzie's cars sounded great, as good as any v6 I've heard, but when Joe pulled in with the stang I nearly had to change my. pants. I think ozzie's car was about the closest you can get to a nice rumble without alot of volume. Your tone was similar, just a little louder.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts