DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 3.2 converted from a 2.7

Questions
1) Are the exhausts for the 3 engines the same? cats-->resonator-->muffler-->resonators

2)There are many header questions on this board, although I have read tons of threads that pop up when I search headers, I have either not read enough or something. The typical response is that custom headers need to be built. Can anyone that has had the custom headers fabbed, post specs or helpful info as to what route to take? The issue I have is that I have been to about 6 shops in my viscinity and it seems they are extremely incompetent. Where the first resonator sits, they claim that no resonator resides there, I need to have a Y pipe fabbed, something they can't do!

Bottomline the first guy that touched my conversion, although I handed every thing he needed along with instructions from this site, he not only screwed everything up, he hacked up my car. I had to have oil and a/c lines fabbed, put a hole through upper plenum, etc... For some reason the resonator is no longer there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks... I was watching that thread daily for quite some time. Especially when I was rounding up all the parts needed for the conversion. I now have the conversion done and the car starting with no codes. The passenger exhaust is my current problem
Since it is illegal here in Florida for a used cat to be sold, I'm having a hard time recovering the downpipe. Seems that I am missing the resonator as well, I figured I'll put headers and a fully custom exhaust. I have no problem getting the exhaust done, what i do not know is where to start to get the headers fabbed or if there are headers from a different vehicle that can be bolted on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts