DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Woo hoo another newbie yay for me.

I have been into modding cars for a while now. I just bought an Intrepid yesterday it's a 93, dark green, fully loaded and I get to pick it up today. :)

I have been into modding cars for a while I have a 95 Mustang with a 347 stroker and nitrous, etc....which has been my baby for the last 4 years, but it has become to crazy for everyday driveablity. And it really pisses the neighbours off when I start it at 5 am. And I have an 87 Topaz, but it is a POS so I needed a good realiable daily driver that also looks good. So I figured since my sister and her husband have a 97 intrepid and they love it why not buy one myself. So I did, I think the car look good and they give a nice smooth ride and the power isn't that bad either.

I have no ideas on these cars what so ever. As you can tell I have been a Ford only boy for quite a while and this is the first Dodge I have ever owned. So I was hoping you guys could maybe help me out with a few questions I have and I will probably have a lot more.

1) What years are the same as a 93 what parts are interchangable?
2) What are the first mods you guys do to your cars?
3) Rims, I need rims, any recommendations?
4) How much HP does a 93 Intrepid make with 3.3 and what are 1/4 mile times?
5) Any known problems with these cars? I've heard trannies are a problem is this true?
6) any recommendations?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Welcome!

1.93-97 Intrepids/concords/eagle visions
2.Intake,intake,intake
4.search the first gen forums
5.search the first gen forums

Have fun with the new ride!!

·
Registered
604 Posts
hey welcome to the site. yes intakes def help check out mine in my photogallery. the link is under my name on the left side. and pretty much everything will have to be custom, like my intake lol.

check out this site for a basic review.

intrepid review

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice. :)

·
Registered
576 Posts
first upgrade should be a tranny cooler...and a tranny fluid change if not done in the last 20-30k...

after that throw some nitrous on it and hope it holds together.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
enjoy and remember the search button. you question has probably come up before, and if it hasent, you could always come into chat and ask as well.
anyway welcome!! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts