DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Wow. What a way to throw away the rest of your life. I'm glad he got that big of a sentence.

That Intrepid looked pretty tough! I'd love a Police one in black with the black steelies and chrome center caps! :)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pretty cool clip i ran across online, glad the trep didn
t recieve any shots, unless one hit as it passed the vic door...? poor baby

·
Registered
147 Posts
That was on Americas wildest police chases about 3 months ago.
What town did it happen in?
It looks like it happened not to far from here..
Man, If I ever saw that kid I would whip his ass so badly..
pisses me off

·
Registered
587 Posts
I never noticed that when I watched that ep on tv

·
Registered
714 Posts
W O W, nice looking Intrepid ! !
Is it black or dark blue ??

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
that kid was determined, holy ****, he fired like what 3 weapons? If hes such a good shooter, he should have avoided that telephone pole. What a dumbass. If you know ure not able to run from the cops, he should learn to be like the rest of us who obey the law and fear the police. I cant believe some of these videos, cops should truly be respected.

I mean what did he think? he was gonna kill all of the cops? He had no bulletproof vest and was hiding behind a crashed car that wasnt going anywhere, i wonder if any of the other people inside the car didnt get shot by the loose fire.

Trep looked good, if i was a cop i would have shot that idiot in the head. Forget about the 107 year sentence. Cops were very nice in this case, shot in the leg LOL.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just saw a police edition 1st gen on the Walker Texas Ranger show the other day, just had to share looked sweet!!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"The Intrepid is a fairly heavy car, and the 242 hp "Magnum" V6 engine does well in R/T trim, but seems to be held down in police trim, possibly by the extra weight of police package equipment. The R/T does 0-60 mph in 7.8 seconds, but the police version falls behind at 8.7 seconds. The Intrepid comes standard with a 4-speed automatic transmission mated to a Chrysler 300M driveshaft to handle the 242 hp. As with the Crown Vic and Impala, manual transmission is not offered. The police package equipment includes auxiliary wiring, lighting and spotlights, high-capacity engine cooling with auxiliary engine and transmission oil coolers, high-output 160 amp alternator and heavy-duty suspension.

Standard are all-wheel disc brakes and all-wheel independent suspension. Top speed is limited to 135 mph and braking distance from 60 mph to 0 is at about 142 feet."

--It was slower than the civilian version!? Shitty... I don't want one anymore...

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The 1st Gen Trep i saw on Walker looke alot like this guy...

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
"The Intrepid is a fairly heavy car, and the 242 hp "Magnum" V6 engine does well in R/T trim, but seems to be held down in police trim, possibly by the extra weight of police package equipment. The R/T does 0-60 mph in 7.8 seconds, but the police version falls behind at 8.7 seconds. The Intrepid comes standard with a 4-speed automatic transmission mated to a Chrysler 300M driveshaft to handle the 242 hp. As with the Crown Vic and Impala, manual transmission is not offered. The police package equipment includes auxiliary wiring, lighting and spotlights, high-capacity engine cooling with auxiliary engine and transmission oil coolers, high-output 160 amp alternator and heavy-duty suspension.

Standard are all-wheel disc brakes and all-wheel independent suspension. Top speed is limited to 135 mph and braking distance from 60 mph to 0 is at about 142 feet."

--It was slower than the civilian version!? Shitty... I don't want one anymore...

Well, that's probably why it's slightly slower... more weight with the beefed up suspension, coolers and equipment. Got a radio though that will outrun any car...

·
Registered
714 Posts
"The Intrepid is a fairly heavy car, and the 242 hp "Magnum" V6 engine does well in R/T trim, but seems to be held down in police trim, possibly by the extra weight of police package equipment. The R/T does 0-60 mph in 7.8 seconds, but the police version falls behind at 8.7 seconds. The Intrepid comes standard with a 4-speed automatic transmission mated to a Chrysler 300M driveshaft to handle the 242 hp. As with the Crown Vic and Impala, manual transmission is not offered. The police package equipment includes auxiliary wiring, lighting and spotlights, and heavy-duty suspension.

Does the stock R/T have the same Police package high-capacity engine cooling with auxiliary engine and transmission oil coolers ??

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Foolish me i should have just typed in Intrepid Police a long time ago... heres the good ones...
YouTube - Police Intrepid
YouTube - Dodge Intrepid Police Interceptor Fires w/ Dodge Police Vehicles that is very sad <<<
YouTube - Undercover Police Dept. Dodge Intrepid
YouTube - Windsor Police Intrepid it had the wing, lol<<<
YouTube - Intrepid Evasive Maneuver
YouTube - Dodge Intrepid Interceptors at play... how did they kick out so far???<<<
YouTube - Chinese Fire Drill Police Style ahaha now that's a good one<<<
Keep looking, plenty of good ones on there!

·
Registered
56 Posts
One reason for most police cars to be slower then their civilian counterparts is also drag. Those light bars add not only weight but drag, which is why many police depos are going to the low profile led lights which while more expensive reduces weight and drag allowing more fuel efficiency and higher top ends.

CHP cars of the 70s ran with out light bars and used interior lights so they could top out faster then police cruisers in other states.
Look at the SRT4 neon, removing the wing is good for half a tenth to a tenth off the quarter mile time, all from drag.

While not a big deal below 50, drag is a huge limiting factor on any car above 100mph. More power will often give you more top end, but you have to have a platform capable of that speed aerodynamically to enxure the return is there. A fully stock body, stock driveline neon SRT4 did 232 on the salt flats this past summer. All the car had done was weight reduction and engine mods. NO DRAG REDUCERS OR TRICKS.

·
Registered
159 Posts
in wisconson, we have this thing called beat the heat, is litrally racing a cop car down the 1/4 mile, and its an actual city cop, on duty, and our taxes pay him, lol, but its worth it

1 - 18 of 18 Posts