DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the squeek somewhere in the dash that dodge wont fix under ext warranty, now one of the fans in the very far right vent is going bad. It squeels now when on low to med speeds. I assume they will have to take the dash apart for this(anyone know) and maybe they can fix the squeek cheaper since they have to take the dash off anyway. Also rear struts bad now.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
lets see, I bet your at about 50,000 Miles. Get ready for some major expenses.

·
Registered
523 Posts
My theory is that huntersdl and adaptabl are one and the same. IMHO, too many similarities in writing style to be coincidence.

If not, they sure were cut from the same cloth!!

:alien:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
you use a car, parts fail. whistleing coming from the vents is something that happens to ALL cars given enough tempature changes. the plastic in the dashes expand and contract.. and the connections between ductwork isn't as smooth as it is new. this causes air tubulance, and in turn makes whistling/whineing.

Squeaks in the dash? where is it coming from in there? just a random spot? you even got in and accidentally kicked the plastic under the dash? you get that out of alignment, and you are in for a WORLD of squeaks, as now the places where it was mounted are not in their spots with the same integrity as they were before.

things that you are describing are things that happens when a car gets used.

Shocks. How do you know you need new shocks? my 'trep has 104,300 miles on it. factory shocks on the back. it could use new ones, but it doesn't NEED new ones. they provide a comfortable ride when partially loaded, and a little bouncy when fully loaded. I put new front shocks on because the right front was hit with something and had a hole punched in the outer casing. bad shocks are where you can't stop bouncing on the hiway. or where a tire feels like hopping off the ground because of a little road irregularity. It is just a process of wear that the car doesn't handle like a viper at 50K. and I can tell you this. take a Viper/vette/high end performance car, and run it to 50K on city streets/oddball roads like you do your 'trep, and it will be destroyed.

Come on. get real. Cars get used. things wear. little accidents happen. it happens to ALL CARS. even New Nissans. at 50K I betcha there will be little squeaks, and the ride won't be as firm.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
"My theory is that huntersdl and adaptabl are one and the same. IMHO, too many similarities in writing style to be coincidence.

If not, they sure were cut from the same cloth!! "

Not true. Maybe just two people who have been burned enough be DC products to stay out of the fire this time. Also to let everyone who will listen know about it(I have already convinced two friends who were going to buy DC products to buy another brand). Hopefully DC will listen and fix there problems, then maybe customers will buy there products without discounts and rebates.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Problems cont.... the saga

I am not that other guy you mentioned. Guess more than one of us with many problems. The whistle noise isnt air. It is a bad fan in my vent. Sounds like the motor or fan itself. A bad part I am smart enough to know what is bad. it gets higher pitched as the fan air speed increases. The popping noise is coming from in dash towards very front up where dash and window meet. Not air something popping. Rear struts they sound like a see saw on minor bumpy roads. Squeek and sounds like a little air leak as it goes up like a hiss coming from teh struts. I know they are bad I have been through struts on other cars that the dealer deemed bad and they have the same symptoms. Thank GOD for extended warrant. I have already spent over 2k on a 1700 extended warranty. I wouldnt recommend a dodge again maybe that is why their resale is at the bottom of the barrell. I would however recommend them over a ford. I hope the engine lasts atleast it still runs like new. Do you guys know my service manager told me the 3.2 and RT should last a long timeif taken car of because DODGE bought a HONDA ACCORD tore it down studied the way it was built, the metals used in the engine, and its friction resistance and used what they learned from HONDA to build the 3.2 and 3.5. THat is respect -the only way to build a good engine is to try and copy HONDA> We all know honda makes the best engines in the world toyota second. Toyota is about to have a big Class action lawsuit on their hands regarding an "oil slush" that is being found in many camry and lexus engines causing damage. -this slush even found on 3000 mile maintained vehicles. Toyota has admitted a problem and will replace or repair any engines damaged from this type of problem. DO you think dodge would have done this unless they had been taken to court? I dont think so. Dodge would have blamed the customer even with undeniable proof of ever 3000 mile service.

·
Registered
523 Posts
And yet they always post one after another. I still support my hypothesis.

I bet if we could ping your IP address it would be the same.

Does DI.net have the technology to do that?

·
Registered
602 Posts
I see it both ways...... I'll admit I'm a little sick and tired myself but regardless I may be loyal or supid, these are my favorite cars..... Size, style and handling for a large heavy vehicle......

I'm giving this second second gen a good hard chance, I have an extended warranty up to 100,000 miles to back me up and the Chrysler Customer care tow package shall it break down, hopefully not. Yeah, I punched it a few times, but otherwise I have been maintaining it well and have been pretty easy on it. I'm hoping it will last. Unfortunately I can already see that the steering is going to be an issue. It feels loose and flimsy at times. It has intermittently became loose or will swerve funny all of a sudden. The car seems great otherwise........ I have contacted Chrysler several times since the dealer acknowledge the clunking in the steering assembly but says they don't know what to do about it since it looks fine. It's been promised that a District Service manager from DaimlerChrysler will contact me ASAP to look at the issue. Never happens, everytime I call they tell me were working on it, soon, soon......

It's real embarrassing when you make a U-Turn in your new 2002 (doesn't even have license plates yet) and when the wheel is turned all the way and you slightly accelerate out of your U-Turn your steering squeaks like an old POS. The Shop Foreman at the dealer says this is the tires hitting paint on the ground, the noise never happened in any of my other treps.......

I'm getting real sick and tired and I'm almost about to pay out of my own pocket to have the entire steering assembly replaced myself since this bugs me so much. I love the car, I just want this mothaf$%&in' problem corrected and I want the steering to feel solid like it should. I'm sick of DC and the dealer playing stupid like I'm speaking another language. I don't think DaimlerChrysler should be picked on or singled out though. As far as ignoring issues, GM has been a big player in that, other companies as well. I personally think the same black hole BS I'm getting with DaimlerChrysler would probably be the same with a lot of manufactures.

I'll see how it goes............ I will be patient for a while. DaimlerChrysler will really have to screw this one up for me to turn around and walk away to a completely different manufacture. Hopefully they'll take care of me so I can continue to drive the car I like otherwise. Some people almost never have problems with the cars so it's probably not right for some to talk a lot of trash. All manufactures have recalls, defects and problems so it's not like you can just point your finger at one manufacture and shoot.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
"Do you guys know my service manager told me the 3.2 and RT should last a long timeif taken car of because DODGE bought a HONDA ACCORD tore it down studied the way it was built, the metals used in the engine, and its friction resistance and used what they learned from HONDA to build the 3.2 and 3.5. "

I wish they did this for the 2.7, or at least for the rod bearings. Mine eat a rod bearing at just over 80,000KM. Very interesting no oil problem and one bearing totally destroyed. The machine shop said it was bad material in the bearing. First DC "Customer service" said it was me not changing my oil. Then when I faxed them all the oil change reciepts and 2 other work orders for 2.7 rod bearings from the same dealer within 2 weeks(nice to have contacts in the dealer), They decided to do me a favor and give me 50% of repair cost as goodwill to shut me up. Yah sure build a crappy product and deny a problem then when you get caught pay a portion. Now thats customer service DC style. Now they get two unhappy customers me and the poor sap who buys that Intrepid with a crank shaft that is almost O.K.(they patched it up,but warned it would probably not last long.)

·
Registered
523 Posts
Quonk, quonk, quonk. You sound like Chrlie Brown's freakin' teacher.

OK, OK. We got it. You are having a bad time with your Intrepid. I'm sorry to hear that. However, the number of people on these boards who have had nothing but GOOD experiences with their Mopars are sick and tired of your incessant whining. You complain more than any lilttle old lady I have ever known.

As I have said before, you will be rudely awakened one day when you buy another brand of vehicle and have problems with that also. Do you honestly think that Honda has NEVER put together an engine that blew up before it's time? Get a grip.

So anyway, have a tissue. There's the door.

Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey, GOOD-BYE!!

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Pearls of wisdom indeed.....

.... fake pearls, to be sure.

You convinced two people you know to buy anything other than a DC vehicle? Congratulations........you just did a disservice to them.

There are Nissan owners who persuaded friends to avoid Nissans based on their experience with them.

Substitute any brand for Nissan and the statement is still true.

What does this say? It says that you're the exceptions, adaptabl and huntersdl.....not the rule.

As I said in a previous post.... show me any brand of car that does not have commonly-problematic parts, adaptabl, and maybe I'll believe you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sorry, here comes the flame

:devil:
I'm sorry that I can't feel bad for people who let the dealerships take advantage of them. I am a die hard GM fan. I have a GMC work van that needed a new tranny at 40,000 miles, so that must mean that the whole Vortech 4300 line is ****??? I also had a 85 S-10 Blazer 2.8 that spun a bering at 145,000 miles and a 83 S-10 ex-cab that broke a crank at 175,000 miles so the 2.8 line of cars must be ****. Do I own a GM product?, you ask, YES I own 2 87 Cavalier convertables, why, because they make a good damn car. Do I like my Dodge Intrepid?, YES and love would be an understatement. Iam 6'4" and this is the only line of car that I can take an extendid road trip in. You also have to think there is always 10%. When I was in the USMC I was tought that there is always 10% that is always going to be bad, no matter what it is. Cars, Carpet or Condoms you make the choice.
Sorry I have to defend the American dream.......BIG CARS

O.K. I'm done!!!! Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
32 Posts
GM and Ford

My last car was a ford probe... put 60K on it without spending a penny ... not even new tires. Didn't much to it in 100k miles. New exhaust and a water pump...tires etc... just basic stuff.

My mother has an Oldmobile Alero... she has 60+ hasn't spent anything ... nothing wrong with it.

I don't know if it's bad luck... maybe your car was made on a Monday or a Friday ... but let's admit GM is number 1 and Ford is number 2 and it's not because they make shittier cars than Dodge. If Dodge made the best cars they would be number 1.

I like the Intrepid and haven't had any problems yet.. will keep my fingers crossed. BTW my car was made on a Wednesday... hope that means I am okay!

Patrick

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
I don't blame the people who built my car. I can't complain about the build quality. Everything was put together well and all parts fit and looked good(our 96 Voyager van was a different story. My wifes PT cruiser is also well built). The problem is with the quality of many of those parts. Cost cutting is good but not if it affects reliablility. Chrysler had a very good partnership with its suppliers in the past and still many parts seem to fail at a much higher rate than they should.

What I find interesting is now that DC did this accross the board price cut, many suppliers could care less about doing any favours for DC. This can't help there quality problem.

I would love to see them fix this and produce a car with better quality than Toyota. This would give there cars a better resale value and allow them to make some good profits. Maybe they can, time will tell.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I hear a lot of people whining about resale value. I got news, almost all cars the past two years (except the exotics)have had drop offs in re-sale because of the number of off lease cars flooding the used car market. Its sometimes as simple as supply & demand. As far as the "all cars break" statement", you can't turn a turd into diamonds. If you think you have a turd get rid of it the brand doesn't matter they all put the same general levels of quality control in to the manufacturing plants.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
ay ya yai!

:dozeoff: I think these two guys just need to accept that they got lemons and they need to go get something new from the dealers! **** happens man. Get over it. The stress over it is not worth it.

INTREPIDS are HERE TO STAY AND THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT!!!:baaa:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts