DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a Viper 550 ESP alarm? I was wondering for people who have one or any type of Viper alarm on the 2nd Gen. Intrepid... When the alarm is armed or disarmed, what lights on the car flash? My headlights and parking lights flash. My headlight also turn on when I use the remote start. Shouldn't just my parking lights flash when the alarm is armed or disarmed?? I know the Viper manual states the parking lights should flash and I didn't know if this was just a problem with the Intrepid's wiring.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I had a 300ESP in my 95 Intrepid, then upgraded to a 500ESP when I added the "Talking Proximity Sensor". I beleive that my headlights would flash and they would also flash when the alarm was triggered. I had a 600ESP in my 99 w/"Talking Proximity Sensor" and only the parking lights flashed. It's probably how the installer wires it. When I have an alarm installed in my new 02' Intrepid I actually want the headlights to flash instead kind of how the Anti-theft systems in the BMW's do. Hopefully some of that info helps....

Take care,
MoparPerformance :cool:

·
Registered
530 Posts
I have the 550 esp in a first gen and no headlight flash. just parking lights. there is an option for no lights flash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts