DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D I was standing on a red light when this guy pulles over and is trying to Show off his Ricer ( Honda Accort 93( i think)). has a pretty cool looking exhaust tip and 2 that's right, 2 different types of Rimms on his RiceRocket. Light turns green and we take off, I was surprised to see how quickly he faded out of my view. I believe that he was about 2 car lenghts behind me when he pulled over on yet another Red light.

2001 Intrepid SE

·
Registered
415 Posts
Good kill man. Accords suck major wang, ugly as hell and slow. Honduh's grandpa cars..

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Good kill man. I noticed that thing with the rims too. One side has one kind and the other side has another. They must get it from the magazines, cause I have seen a couple of those and I asked this one guy why he did that and he said cause all the show cars that are owned by wheel shops do that and he wants the extra show car touch. Well, I say, first, get a show worthy car, then get sponsored by a wheel shop, and THEN get that wheel deal. Speaking of wheels, have you guys noticed the newest thing that the ever innovative ricers have thought of as a trend? They take off their hubcaps and just drive with the steel wheels to give it a magnesium wheel look, or so I have been told, cause it doesnt look anything like magnesium, more like black powdercoated steel, but maybe its just me. I even saw one guy paint his hubcaps with black spray paint on his Acura Shitegra.

·
Registered
4 Posts
well, if you meant he had different rims on the back than on the front, not left or right, then i know exactly why the guy had that and its a GOOD reason... a LOT of racers (not ricers) have bigger tires on the back and smaller on the front (well actually just the ones with RWD, never seen or heard of it the opposite way), and its because the smaller front wheels are a weight reduction (you guys have heard of the weight to HP ratio right?)... but if the wheels were dif from the left side and the right side that is just trash, i've never seen it done though... second, 2 car lengths sounds reasonable for this race, so i'll say good kill :tup:, but i wouldn't underestimate the power of rice :D, theres a couple civics i know of that pull mid 11's and 12's ALL day at the track, and they are street legal running on pretty much stock tires... and as for the guy baggin on integra's, they are not that slow even out of the factory, they aren't the fastest, but i'm sure stock vs. stock an integra could take an intrepid :shrug:, correct me if i'm wrong since i know little about intrepids... and don't take that the wrong way, i'm not baggin on intrepids, i'm just sayin what i think... or in other words, don't flame me for what i just said, its kinda pointless, so just state the facts and leave out uneeded remarks :D... but i would like to know what most all (dif models included) intrepids run in the 1/4 and 0-60, i could check it out on edmunds but i don't really wanna...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by LHSer:
Never mind me. :)

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: LHSer ]

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: LHSer ]
huh :confused:

[ February 10, 2002: Message edited by: ProbeGT ]

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
hey ProbeGT, I was referring to left side, right side, not front and back, the front and back, that makes sense, more rubber = more power so you put wider rims on the axle where the power goes. I was talking about the driver's side has different looking rims from the passenger's side. By the way, what year is your probe and what mods, cause my brother has a 94 Mazda MX6 V6 and he wanted to do some stuff to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by 95-TREP-3.5:
hey ProbeGT, I was referring to left side, right side, not front and back, the front and back, that makes sense, more rubber = more power so you put wider rims on the axle where the power goes. I was talking about the driver's side has different looking rims from the passenger's side. By the way, what year is your probe and what mods, cause my brother has a 94 Mazda MX6 V6 and he wanted to do some stuff to it.
i have a 94 PGT... theres TONS of stuff he can do to his MX-6, if he wants some ideas tell him to hit up www.probetalk.com there are tons of members there with MX-6's... right now on my car i have a borla catback, pacesetter headers, hotshot style CAI, K and N filter, and phenolic spacers, eibach pro kit, kyb struts, and a stereo that does nothing but pound loud and make me go slower... oh, and i'm sure a lot of stuff on edmunds is incorrect, but they usually get it pretty close if not right on :shrug:, so its not a bad reference

·
Registered
560 Posts
we 'inherited' a '93 MX6 from our neighbor back home...said the car didnt run right, (he was gonna give it away to goodwill!!! we got it for 0.00)
...after a new set of rear bearings, hubs, front tie rods, tires (two had bubbles in em), centerforce clutch, and right rear rim (stock alloys, that one was cracked), car runs like new. motor pristine...besides the paint and a decimated rear quarter its a new car...its dark green, paint faded real bad...but im sure when my father and i are done with it it'll look like 10 grand, we're spraying it in our back yard...hey probeGT, look for me on that site, we're looking to pick up a stock MX-6 rear spoiler and emblems all around
anyways, see ya there.

[ February 12, 2002: Message edited by: Valhalla 21340 ]

·
Registered
560 Posts
oh yeah, its the 2.5 twin cam 6...5 speed...
LX? i dunno, no emblems...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts