DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a tire shine out there that does not get thrown on the car?? I use as little as I can and still get the crap on the car even the day after. (Black Magic Gel)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I got some Meguiar's hot shine foam, stuff sucks if you just spray it on but if you spray it on and then use a rag and wipe it off it gives the tire a really clean, like new look but nothing shiny...

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
That's what used to use then I forgot in my trunk during winter, needles to say when I tried to use it it came out like cottage cheese.......... :drink:

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Dodgaholic said:
How many times do I have to recommend Adams VRT, Doug??
I believe you said the VRT wasn't wet-shiny like everyone(most) is wanting

Xpid said:
I got some Meguiar's hot shine foam, stuff sucks if you just spray it on but if you spray it on and then use a rag and wipe it off it gives the tire a really clean, like new look but nothing shiny...
Tire SHINE thread not tire "new" thread. Plus we are lazy and don't want to have to wipe it back off?

As in the other thread - All of the gel's I have tried have slung. Maybe not all over the car, but that lip that runs around the wheel wheel is black after a while
I attribute it to the serrated bands and outline letters holding the gel in keeping me from spreading it evenly. Dudley if you have similar tires, you are going to have a hard time with the slinging.

Maybe at Carlisle we can all bring our tire shine and do a big test.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
04IntrepidSXT said:
I believe you said the VRT wasn't wet-shiny like everyone(most) is wanting

Tire SHINE thread not tire "new" thread. Plus we are lazy and don't want to have to wipe it back off?

As in the other thread - All of the gel's I have tried have slung. Maybe not all over the car, but that lip that runs around the wheel wheel is black after a while
I attribute it to the serrated bands and outline letters holding the gel in keeping me from spreading it evenly. Dudley if you have similar tires, you are going to have a hard time with the slinging.

Maybe at Carlisle we can all bring our tire shine and do a big test.
Well, we can cross armor all and black magic off that list.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Best way to avoid sling is to do the following:

After you wash the car dry the tires with a crap towel first and then apply your stuff and let it sit while you do everything else you desire on the car.

After cleaning the car and wheels use the rag you used to clean the wheels and wipe off any left over "shine"

I doubt you will have anymore sling issues.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
x_00trepes_X35 said:
Best way to avoid sling is to do the following:

After you wash the car dry the tires with a crap towel first and then apply your stuff and let it sit while you do everything else you desire on the car.

After cleaning the car and wheels use the rag you used to clean the wheels and wipe off any left over "shine"

I doubt you will have anymore sling issues.
Been there done that. With the black magic that works until you hit highway speeds.

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Am I going to have to try varnish or something??? j/k
Sounds like there is not a no sling formula. Okay chet is Adams, some shine? What if reapplied like hours later? Can I build up the shine? That Adams is expensive stuff so I wanna know! LOL

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I have found if you use white wall bleach on the tires it will take off everything, dirt, grime and old tire dressing. Then apply the tire dressing and it will make the tires look like new.

A friend of mine use to hang out with some car club called Team Infinite Speed, yea I thought the same thing when I heard the name. Anyway they would use some Armor All tire gel and added some glitter to the gel. It added a slight sparkle to the tires. Looks alright for show cars that have body kits and dubs but wouldn't look right on our cars.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
TCPMeta said:
I have found if you use white wall bleach on the tires it will take off everything, dirt, grime and old tire dressing. Then apply the tire dressing and it will make the tires look like new.

A friend of mine use to hang out with some car club called Team Infinite Speed, yea I thought the same thing when I heard the name. Anyway they would use some Armor All tire gel and added some glitter to the gel. It added a slight sparkle to the tires. Looks alright for show cars that have body kits and dubs but wouldn't look right on our cars.
Glitter on my tires, thats not queer at all.....

·
Registered
344 Posts
Armor All Detailers Advantage tire foam works the best out of everything ive tried. It comes in an aersol can with a gold cap and you can get it at autozone

·
Registered
257 Posts
The stuff I use comes in like a windex type bottle, then I spread it out with a foam paint brush (way cheaper than the things they sell at the auto parts store to spread it) The shine is great and last through several rains. I've been using the same bottle for about a year. It never gone onto my paint, either. Whatever you put on your tires, they have to be dry and it needs to sit for awhile after you apply it. I'll see what the name of the stuff is when I get home.

·
Registered
3,552 Posts
You just can't beat the meguier's tire shine.

Lasts for weeks, makes the tires look new (not greasy) and it lasts for weeks, not days.

Just like Phil said.

Oh yeah, it stays on the tires. It doesn't get flung on the body or wheel wells.

Cheers

BJ

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Great White said:
Oh yeah, it stays on the tires. It doesn't get flung on the body or wheel wells.
Cheers
BJ
Sorry there Great White Hype
:bsflag:
Gotta raise the flag on that one - Using Meguires Hot shine Gel - Same bottle as the purple Endurance gel but clear and slightly different label. This product does sling.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Dudley said:
Am I going to have to try varnish or something??? j/k
Sounds like there is not a no sling formula. Okay chet is Adams, some shine? What if reapplied like hours later? Can I build up the shine? That Adams is expensive stuff so I wanna know! LOL
Satin finish, and it is dry in a few seconds. I think if you saw it you'd change your mind. Maybe I'll mail you a sample...

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
meguires tire gel works for me. i put a crapload on before i wash, a crapload more before i wax, a crapload more before i detail engine, and it stays on for a few weeks. when i say crapload i mean a thick coat.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Dudley said:
Gonna trust you one this one Chet and order it. :fawkoff: :D LOL
I really will send you some if you want to try. I bought the half gallon.
If you order it, buy the sponges too. They're cheap, and work great.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts