DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, heres the noise in a nutshell....

It whines. It crys. It sounds like it has no fluid. BUT....the fluid is full. It doesn't do it at highway speeds.....or its so quiet I can't hear it. If I pull up to a stoplight though, it drowns out everything. It sounds HORRIBLE.

What is it?

Its full of ATF+3, I did that.

It doesn't do it in neutral, or park.

It seems to go away or get very quiet when its under power.

I'm on the verge of having the tranny replaced, because I can't figure out what would cause this. (new trannies are expensive, but I want my car back!)

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
It may indeed not be getting fluid!

Have it checked, there are several things that can cause the trany to not get fluid, bad oil pump, bas solenoid pack, valve body issues, clogged cooler or cooler line or simply a clogged filter.

Does it shift OK? What color is the fluid? It should be pink. \

What does it smell like? A burnt odor indacates a REAL problem.

I'd get it looked at quickly, it maybe economical to repair.

If not, with a little modding, a 2nd gen tranny will fit your Vision. :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
We've already discussed it, and the wife is gonna let me get it rebuilt, and hopefully avoid all this crap again in the future.

Hopefully I won't be having that problem anymore. We found a place here that will rebuild it for pretty cheap, and I've heard they do good work from several co-workers. I'm anxious now, soon my baby will be back on the street. (I've been without her for almost a month.)

As far as shifting and fluid goes, it shifts just fine, and the fluid is bright pink. (I changed that already hoping to head off the rebuild). I'm pretty sure its the front pump going, if not gone. The idiot I bought it from just kept driving once the whining started.

I only paid a grand for a car that needed the transmission work, but other than that is immaculate. No dents, no scratches, no leaks, NOTHING wrong with it, aside from the noise. Down here, my car is worth close to 5 grand, so even after the rebuild, my car is worth more than I paid and put into it.

I just want that nice smooth suspension back, and the power. The roads here suck, and the speedlimit is like a suggestion most times. Not to mention, I feel kinda cramped when I take the family out in my little dinky Celica. (another FINE car!) But with a 25 mile commute, I want comfort, and the Celi just don't cut it. Gas isn't an issue, I make enough an hour to damn near fill the tank. I figure, one hour is a weeks gas, give or take. So I want my luxury liner back!

Thanks for the reply though, its nice to hear someone say SOMETHING about it. Even if its too late to stop the rebuild............

soon.....soon, my precious......soon :grinyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts