DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the plunge. Replaced XP on my wife's and my computer. Hers, Win98 to XP, me, ME to XP.

Besides the trouble I had on mine and now okay, I have a question for all you bright IT professionals.

We are all networked (router). When I go to the network and double click her C drive, I see all the folders, but no writing. The only time I see the text (description of each folder/name) is when I single click the folder. Every other folder in every other window on all 4 computers are fine, including hers. All except for this one window, featuring all the folders on her C drive.

Any easy, quick ideas to sort this (little)mess out?

Opinions always appreciated!!!

Danny
Capitalcity R/T

·
Registered
217 Posts
While in the c: drive try View -> Choose Details and click what you want to see.

also, are you using tiles, icons, details, list?? Each one shows different info.

[ February 06, 2002: Message edited by: grimmster ]

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Name, Size, type and date are all checked off. I even clicked 'show'. It is currently thumbnails but all of the different types still show the folders without text. Even list/details...no text.

It's like the text is white as well as the background, so white on white doesn't show. When I give it the 1-click, the blue appears and so does the text.

It's weird since this is the only window that it happens. Her other drives show text.

On ME, I knew how to change the text colour and background but I do not know on XP.

Strange...............

Danny
Capitalcity R/T

Thanks Grimmster for responding :)

·
Registered
217 Posts
Maybe goto a folder that works correctly and choose Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab and click on Apply to all folders, or maybe do the restore folders.

Thats about all I can think of....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts