DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
will rims this size go right on a trep? without sticking out or looking funny or needing any adjustments?

Size: 18"x8"

Bolt Pattern: Universal 5x114.3

Offset: +40mm

Finish: Chrome

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
Vertigo_AK47 said:
will rims this size go right on a trep? without sticking out or looking funny or needing any adjustments?

Size: 18"x8"

Bolt Pattern: Universal 5x114.3

Offset: +40mm

Finish: Chrome
Yup, That'll work.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
perfect, the thing you should apy attention to is the offset, and since treps have a 40 offset to begin with, you're golden

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
The one spec you didn't list but is of great importance is the bore size. If the rim has a larger bore size than your hub, you are ok (you can even get spacers). But if the bore size of the rim is smaller than your hub, well, they won't fit. When I first ordered rims I got a call from customer service saying the bore size of the rim was too small (even though they were listed as fitting my car).

·
Registered
663 Posts
I had the same problem too when I bought mine on eBay when I went to get them mounted the hub size on the rim was to small. I then had to take them to a machine shop and have them machined out to fit and the guy that did them said it's a pretty common thing with some rims. Definitely have them check the rim bore size which should be a the least 2 thousands of in inch bigger than the hub for the proper fit.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh no problem Im glad u asked so I didnt have too, and thanks for bringing that to my attention guys. Yeah it says nothin about bore though, It just has a list of cars it will fit and then a disclaimer in case you bought it and it didnt fit saying well if you looked at the list and it said it fit and it didnt really fit, Sorry not our fault. But if not I guess Ill have to get it drilled like skyhawk If Im the winning bidder.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts