DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have a 2000 intrepid and ive tried looking in the owners manual and i still donno what to do. i just got a car cover, but i realized, doesnt there need to be a hole or something in the cover for the antenna? or is there a way to remove the antenna? cuz obviously u cant put the cover on if the antennas all sticking out. any help would be appreciated :)

-Michael

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
there should be a grommet hole for the antenna. thats the luxuray of a power ant. just kidding. make sure u have the cover on the right way. Im very sure that there should be a hole for it. if not take the antenna off. put the cover on and its snug and fits nice. There is a grommet making kit u can get at a home depot. if u want mark with a marker or pen where the antenna hole would be. take cover off car and with the kit make the hole and put in a plastic grommet with the tool from the kit. very easy to do. good luck. if u dont want to cut a hole in the material take the cover back and look for one with antenna hole.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
ummmm, CAREFUL with the antenna. Don't use pliers without a thick rag underneath, you'll scratch the **** outta the paint on the antenna.

If you plan on storing the car with the cover, then just take the antenna off......if you plan on putting the cover on and taking it off a lot, then you should make a grommet hole (my cover came with a hole making kit).

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea im planning on doing alot of taking the cover on and off. thanks guys!
i think ill just make a hole in the cover.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
You can install a Metra 44-PW22B (black) power antenna. Takes about 3 hours including runing the power lines from front-back. No problem with a car cover then.....

Cost from crutchfield.com is about $70-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts