DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife did something brilliant the other day. She went through a car wash and had the radio on in her lhs. Well needless to say the antenna is no longer attached to the car.

My question is, can you replace it with a solid antenna, ie non power? Or will I be stuck forking out for a new power antenna?

If I can do a solid antenna, what kind do I need to buy?

·
Registered
655 Posts
yes u can get a solid antenna...they are mostly pretty basic and simple same lookin at the base....as far as what kind...that's up to u to decide...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
does the mast come with the part that bolts to the inside of the trunk? will it require running a new antenna wire to the head? Or could I just solder the old one on to the new antenna?

·
Registered
655 Posts
its got all the parts, but you will need to connect the wires from the old antenna to the new one...i believe one of them goes to the top of the ball joint that's in there and the other goes to the lil screw at the very bottom of the thing.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
where can I pick one up? autozone or somewhere like it or do I have to go to the dealer?

·
Registered
750 Posts
thew one i talked bout is sold at pepboys or ebay and you yank the broken mast out and you turn on the radio and it has the plastic gear teeth that pull it back down it worked like a charm on my lincoln

1 - 7 of 7 Posts