DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:baaa: :eek: :wink: WELL GUYS THIS MAY BE A STUPID QUESTION. BUT HERE GOES WE CAN SEE FROM THE POSTS THAT ANTI-FOAM WORKS BUT DO I NEED TO REMOVE ANY FLUID OR DO I JUST DUMP IT RIGHT IN. I KNOW THAT IT'LL ADD FLUID WAS JUST CONCERNED WITH IT ADDING 2 MUCH.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
or about 50 miles of straight driving :p which reminds me.... 110k... <sigh> so many miles

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Does the anti foam go good in any mopar tranny?
If so, I just want to know what kind of feel to expect, or how it differs from a tranny without the anti foam liquid?

Thanks guys, let me know :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
As far as I know the anti foam is ok to use in any dodge, chrysler, etc. It seems to reduce the amount of foam (air bubbles) which is caused by fluid being agitated by the transmission.....here's a very rough idea

Pour a glass off beer, rub your finger on your forehead, and the stick it in the beer foam. The foam head will immediately breakdown and in a few seconds, you can drink your beer. Same principal. The anti foam breaks down the air bubbles so the transmission fluid can continue to operate at it's maximum efficiency.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I agree completely. It is the best improvement available for the cars. (The price don't hurt either).

I put some in the car and it made a huge difference to my 'spirited' driving.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've hunted it down at all the major dealerships here and absolutely none in the NYC area hava had them, anyone know where i can order it from?

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
TypeMack said:
I've hunted it down at all the major dealerships here and absolutely none in the NYC area hava had them, anyone know where i can order it from?
have you tried Jeep dealers also??

if you really cant find it send me a PM and i'll pick it up and mail it to you, I know that both of my local Chrysler (not Dodge) parts counters keep a case in stock at all times

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'll check them out and let you know what happens, i appreciate the offer

·
Registered
5 Posts
Today I went to pick up the anti-foam and asked for 2. Well the salesperson at the desk found and went to ask a technician about it. He came back and said you don't want 2, because ONLY one should be put in. He didn't say why, so I just put one in.

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
gemineye said:
Today I went to pick up the anti-foam and asked for 2. Well the salesperson at the desk found and went to ask a technician about it. He came back and said you don't want 2, because ONLY one should be put in. He didn't say why, so I just put one in.
you need two for maximum effect

I put in one then waited a week and put in the 2nd, big difference with the second one

finally a week later I got carried away and added a 3rd bottle, no change with the third one

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
joekd said:

you need two for maximum effect

I put in one then waited a week and put in the 2nd, big difference with the second one

finally a week later I got carried away and added a 3rd bottle, no change with the third one
Maybe it's an odd/even thing? So if you added a fourth bottle..... :D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts