DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I went and replaced some fuse's to day got the horn, acc power, radio back. But still no lights flash when we arm/dis arm the fac. alarm. and the starter kill does not work.. What fuse relay will it be ? My only other option is to pull and check every fuse and I will do that any way but it helps to know where to look.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
The first generation (1993-1997) Does not have a light flash on the factory system. It is possible to do, and I will find the how-to if you would like the flash. With a genuine factory system, when you press lock on the Remote, there should be a quick honk of the horn.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Hmmmm, sounds like it was modded, sold to you, and the mod broke. I have been able to live without the lamp flash, but I'd check the "How To First Gen" forums.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
I actually believe the 1G does have a light flash option with the arming and disarming of the VTSS in the later models. (96-97) However there is a special programming procedure that I am completely clueless about on how to exactly do it. However OBD I I am sure only had a horn chirp deal which was able to be turned off and on when programming the remotes.

Typically people just perma disable the VTSS to prevent complications later on.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I actually believe the 1G does have a light flash option with the arming and disarming of the VTSS in the later models. (96-97) However there is a special programming procedure that I am completely clueless about on how to exactly do it. However OBD I I am sure only had a horn chirp deal which was able to be turned off and on when programming the remotes.

Typically people just perma disable the VTSS to prevent complications later on.
You are correct. I was reading about this yesterday and my wireless connection dropped in the middle of my post. Most diag flowcharts point to a failed BCM for this type of symptom.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Check Ebay for a used one. I bet you can find one dirt cheap.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts
Junkyards my Friend.

Prem BCM be the one you want, has the three plugs. Can use basically any BCM from the 95-97 Range if you have A/s and 93-97 if you do not.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OK will this have to be flashed or any thing for the car ?? Or is there a way to wipe it and rest set every thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts