DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, since I'm obviously ignorant, what is antifoam and what will it do for the tranny?

THX
CCCP

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Dodge Auto trannys have a lot of foaming in them to give them a soft shift. Meaning that grandma can`t feel the shifts. This in turn makes them shift slow and loss hp between shifts. When i Dynoed my R/T on the graph it would drop about 30 hp between shifts. That means lower 1/4 mile times. The anitfoaming does just that it takes out most of the foaming action. You get nice crisp shifts and the car moves out a lot better. Any Dodge dealer should carry it. It takes 2 bottles about 3.05 a bottle. It takes a few days to take then you well fell it. You just pour it into the tranny dip stick hole.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
Sorry thick fingers and key boards don`t mix. It should say Feel it not fell it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No luck finding this stuff locally... is it something the dealer will really stock? Can you order it online?

THX
CCCP

·
Registered
381 Posts
Dealers don't usually have to special order it. They carry it for the Dodge trucks mostly so if there is a Dodge truck dealer nearby you should have better luck finding it there.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Almost any decent Dodge/Chrysler dealer should have it on hand. When they rebuild trannies they usually wipe it on the gears, least one that I know does. Two bottles huh?, I've only added one, felt a good difference with some shifts after a few miles, gonna get another.

Later guys.....

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Jeep dealers have the stuff flowing out of their ears.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
gonna have to get an administrator to start editing out the language in this thread
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
actually my dealer was hesitant to sell it to me. they said it was a differential antifoam meant for ram pickups. convinced me not to buy it.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts