DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all, I have a 95 intrepid, 3.5. Coolant is flowing out of the overflow tube. It gets hot in stop and go traffic. Why is the damn thing pouring out of the overflow? I would appreciate any help as I have been working on this car for a while now and just when I think I have it fixed, something else happens.

Thanks in advance,

Livingsand

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Ok all, I have a 95 intrepid, 3.5. Coolant is flowing out of the overflow tube. It gets hot in stop and go traffic. Why is the damn thing pouring out of the overflow? I would appreciate any help as I have been working on this car for a while now and just when I think I have it fixed, something else happens.

Thanks in advance,

Livingsand
does your temp gauge rise to above normal temp? You may have a blockage causing too much pressure. Try changing the thermostat first, cheap fix!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, I will try the thermostat first, I was thinking that it might be that, I just have never had coolant come out of the overflow.... Yes the temp guage does go above. BTW what is the optimal running temp for this car? Half way I think on the guage? Or lower

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
ok, I will try the thermostat first, I was thinking that it might be that, I just have never had coolant come out of the overflow.... Yes the temp guage does go above. BTW what is the optimal running temp for this car? Half way I think on the guage? Or lower
right below the half mark on the gauge

1 - 4 of 4 Posts