DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like my deal on the used concorde fell through, but I ended up really liking the LH cars so we are looking for another. With the incentives on 2004's now, prices on a new one would be close to used car territory - if you could find one.

Anyone see any new LH's on thier local lots that are looking for a home? I am pretty flexible for travel, but would prefer west of the Mississippi.

Appreciate any leads you have...

Thanks,

-Vic

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
ahh ive seen acouple of 04 treps on the local strip in cleveland white red and black cometo mind.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
I would check your autotrader and such, but what 04's are out there are going to be used now. It's been quite awhile since the LH's have stopped production, and with the LX's coming in, I doubt there will be any brand new LH's on the lot.....Although I'm not saying it's impossible, becuase the local dealer here had 2 04 300M Specials about a month ago.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Here in the Canadian Maritimes, there are a few new Intrepids still on the lot. Obviously they won't do you any good where you live, but just to point out there are likely a few within a few states radius of you, too. But if you really have your heart set on a new one, you'd better make your move pretty quickly.....I'd imagine dealers are offering big incentives to finally get them off the lot.

·
Mopar or No Car
7,869 Posts
Cars.com ...
2004 Intrepid
new SE
Costa Mesa CA
Stanton CA
Bonham TX

used <10k miles
ES El Paso TX
SXT Tempe AZ
SXT St. Paul MN

new 2004 300M Specials
St. Louis MO
St. George UT

I found my R/T through Cars.com - 2 years old w/11,500 miles on it. Had it shipped from Akron OH to KC MO for $525. Worth every penny ...!!! :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
You might want to check out CarMax.com also. I managed to find a loaded 2004 ES with 1948 miles on it for a very good price. I had to pay 150 bucks to have it transported from southern CA to northern CA, but they refunded my $ when I bought the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There are still a few intrepids left in ontario here... I'm going to buy one of them this week (23500 to 24700, somewhere in that range, after tax in canadian dollars). It has a total of 50 km on it.

This is a way better deal than buying something like an impala (ugly to my eyes) or a taurus (ditto). Even though all i've seen is 2.7s I believe that a large corperation like daimlerchrysler can fix any flaws to the design of a motor, espically after its been out for 6 years.

A lot of people think I'm nuts for buying an intrepid though, but it such a better deal than the imports. Its sad when a toyota matrix costs more than an intrepid. Even if there is a quality gap, it is not that large.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the leads - looks like I'm going to be spending some time on the phone tomorrow.

Anyone know if the Chrysler financing cash is good on 04's too?

Thanks,

-Vic

·
Registered
115 Posts
nabob1982 said:
There are still a few intrepids left in ontario here... I'm going to buy one of them this week (23500 to 24700), somewhere in that range, after tax in canadian dollars.
I'm betting they'll be willing to come down substantially on the sticker prices. Those Intrepids are costing them plenty each month they sit unsold.

·
Registered
166 Posts
nabob1982 said:
There are still a few intrepids left in ontario here... I'm going to buy one of them this week (23500 to 24700, somewhere in that range, after tax in canadian dollars). It has a total of 50 km on it.

This is a way better deal than buying something like an impala (ugly to my eyes) or a taurus (ditto). Even though all i've seen is 2.7s I believe that a large corperation like daimlerchrysler can fix any flaws to the design of a motor, espically after its been out for 6 years.

A lot of people think I'm nuts for buying an intrepid though, but it such a better deal than the imports. Its sad when a toyota matrix costs more than an intrepid. Even if there is a quality gap, it is not that large.
There is also the option to buy a used 2004 with low milage and save a bundle like I did: 2004 SXT with 16,250km for 17,300$CDN before tax... That was in August.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts