DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a used 2001 Intrepid.
Not an ES, not an SE, not an RT, just a 'normal' everyday Intrepid.
Nothing fancy, 2.7 motor, auto-stick, alloy wheels, fog lights, no other big options,no leather, no CD, no sunroof, no power passenger seat.
'They' want more for this car than a comparable SE or ES. 13,000 miles on it.

What does an ES and an SE have that a 'plain' Intrepid does not, and vice verse ? :confused:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
the SE is the "'normal' everyday Intrepid" otherwise known as Standard Edition.
I don't *THINK* you will find an SE w/foglights, autostick nor alloy wheels, unless somoene added em on and since they add all that to the ES's and R/T's (only R/T's get autostick in 2002)

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Thrasher ]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh , i get it.
The 'SE' is the base edition, but the NON 'SE' is a step up..... that's silly, but at least you folks pointed it out to me.
I guess it defies logic to think a NON 'SE' would be the base vehicle, and an 'SE' would be a step up (I guess i was thinking SE meant 'Special Edition').
So now i get to go figure what an 'SE' has that a non-SE does not have....

But can you answer me this - is an auto-stick standard on all of them in 2001 ?

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: Fred ]

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Originally posted by Fred:
Oh , i get it.
The 'SE' is the base edition, but the NON 'SE' is a step up..... that's silly, but at least you folks pointed it out to me.
I guess it defies logic to think a NON 'SE' would be the base vehicle, and an 'SE' would be a step up (I guess i was thinking SE meant 'Special Edition').
So now i get to go figure what an 'SE' has that a non-SE does not have....

But can you answer me this - is an auto-stick standard on all of them in 2001 ?

OK...here's the deal.

There are only 3 types of Intrepids for 2001.

SE, ES and R/T

Only the ES and R/T get the autostick.

If you are confused because some intrepids don't have any badging, that's because they never used to put any on the SE's!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Why go used. You can get a new 2001 (yes I said 2001) for a steal.

Call your local dealers, I'm sure they have some on the lot.

Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've been looking, at, letsee, 6 or 7 dealers (in the KC area), have not found a new 2001.
Keep in mind i have a particular budget in mind, if i didn't have a budget, i'd get an RT.
To INTREPID99 and BK, then the autostick must have been an option they ordered with it, because the car i drove was NOT an SE, ES, RT, GT, SVO, SHO, GP, TA or any other acronym you can think of.
All i was trying to do here was find out why on earth a 'Base' Intrepid would be nearly $1,800 higher than an SE....... The low miles, Alloys, Fogs sure don't add up to that, but i don't know what an auto-stick adds to the price...... but i will like the auto-stick better when they add paddles to the steering wheel like an F1 car... :)

I think i was trying to be sold a bill of goods with this car. It was also VIN'd as having a 3.2 - it doesn't. D56U
:(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts