DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If anyone has any questions about hid and hid retrofits please feel free to use this thread to ask me and i will try my best to answer the question(s).

·
Registered
652 Posts
well, can i get a set for my car, and about how much?

·
9,861 Posts
Why Audi HIDs? Why not buy a HID kit?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hypnos - where did you see audi?? JW.

TOOL-TREP97 - As far as your car you have to find a 9007 kit. But you will loose your high beams. You cand find them at ebay.com or a local performance parts dealer. Because of recent regulations, 99.5% of the online dealers have stopped selling. Judging from your picture, your lights arent yellow and fogged so they should produce a nice beam color. As far as price, they range from $200-$450.

Just to let everyone who reads this post, dont go for those stupid knockoff high Kelvin kits. The best and brightest kit you can get is 4100k. Its pure white and it is what all oem's use (sometimes 4300k). Be sure to make a shield though otherwise you will blind people with glare.

·
9,861 Posts
Hawk284 said:
In another post i said that i was going to take a set of audi a4 hid projectors i have and retrofit them to my current headlights.
http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=30077

Hawk284 said:
Im looking to do a retrofit to my trep with Audi A4 HID projectors. Im also going to convert my tails to clear LED's just like the new Lexus RX330. Anyone wanna chip in with any other ideas, lemme know.
http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29942

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hypnos - HID retro kits dont last as long as OEM do. OEM are quality german made bulbs wheras other kits are japanese which have a shorter life and cant always be reliable. Plus i have always loved projectors. I have driven both reflector and projector equipped cars i have decided to go with the projectors. They provide a much more even light spread and better foreground and side lighting. Not to mention the fact that when i go over bumps, they flash colors at the people in front of me.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I did the HID conversion on my Vision.I used a german-made HID system which was designed to fit 9006 bulbs.

I did not loose the highbeam because I have the EURO headlamps and they have 2 bulbs, one for high and one for low beam (9006 and 9005)

The difference is great!!! Much more brighter especially in the rain and in fog...

Benny

·
Registered
1,825 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
I found some pics I made last year right after I did the HID conversion.....the pics can be found on the following link:

http://www.dxpower.com/gallerynight2.htm

This is the HID headlamp with 4100K ...it´s pure bright white with a lil´ bit of blue, but the pic just shows the white light.

Benny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts