DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I open my hood and saw this. Not sure what liquid it is or where it came from. Any ideas. Also I have a similar spot around cylinder 1 spark plug boot.

I also was behind a nice Bentley today. :wow:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Does that puddle come from the "top" of the valve cover? There are O rings under the nuts for the spark plug tubes, they prob aren't sealing anymore causing it to leak oil out..

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that puddle come from the "top" of the valve cover? There are O rings under the nuts for the spark plug tubes, they prob aren't sealing anymore causing it to leak oil out..
Do you mean the hex shape nut at the top of the tube the spark plug goes into that the boot snaps onto? If so, there is a small dried puddle around that on cylinder 1. Also the pic shows one underneath the intake manifold, I believe it is the valve cover like you mentioned.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Just put your finger to the liquid and smell/taste it. Then you'll know what it is and can narrow down where it came from.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Looks like some oil in the plenum may be seeping out some of the vacuum lines/fittings.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Think I found the culprit. It was a disconnected rubber hose(in bad shape too) that connects the part that the accordion tube goes into and the valve cover(I believe it is called, the part that the puddle is on with the oil fill cap). The end that goes to the valve cover was off, suspect that was the problem. Gotta see if I can find a replacement. Any clue as to what I would call it(besides rubber hose) so I can get the correct part, and do you think that was the culprit. I did not see anything else that might of caused it. Thanks again

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,838 Posts
Think I found the culprit. It was a disconnected rubber hose(in bad shape too) that connects the part that the accordion tube goes into and the valve cover(I believe it is called, the part that the puddle is on with the oil fill cap). The end that goes to the valve cover was off, suspect that was the problem. Gotta see if I can find a replacement. Any clue as to what I would call it(besides rubber hose) so I can get the correct part, and do you think that was the culprit. I did not see anything else that might of caused it. Thanks again
Sounds like a breather tube, or maybe the PCV valve hose. Do you have a picture of it?

·
Registered
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hope this helps, it was getting dark out when I took it. breather tube sounds about right.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts