DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the last lap, looking for a complete info/guide on re-assembling the 2.7 engine, like what is supposed to go where, the proper torque for all the bolts and nuts, the right way to install all the parts and etc. I know there are better/easier ways to do install some of the parts besides what Haynes Manual can Offer. I have searched the FSM On 2001, but that thing is so not organised, I tried to scroll through them, but I cant seem to find what I need. So does anyone know where I can find something like that? So I dont end up screwing anything up?
Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The FSM literally tells you how to put it together step by step, what more could you ask for?
I Hope it does. So can You please post Me a link of the Step By Step FSM You speak of Please?
The one I saw on here with this tittle "2nd Gen FSM Factory Service Manual and 42LE Transmission service manual" is all Junked up, hard to understand, the 2001 section are all labeled "ELH_0,1,2,3...PDF" I don't know what the ELH Stand For, so how can one navigate to the section they desire? I hjave looked through all of them, I can't seem to find the help I sought in there.
I might be looking at the wrong one, So can You help Me with the Right one?
Thanks.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
go here:

http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/showthread.php?t=94402

and download the complete manual for the 02-04. (02LHE)

It has complete tear down instructions for the 2.7L in it.
Thats the Same Link/write-up I Just told You about having problems with finding what I need.
Keep in Mind My Car is a 2001, I'd assume the 02-04 wouldnt apply to Me. Could they Might be similar?
The 2001 Section is Where I'm focused, But Its not Labeled Properly.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Section 9 in that 2001 FSM link has the complete 2.7L tear down and assembly instructions.

http://oskin.ru/chrysler-dodge/manuals/Service Manuals/2000_LH_LHS_300M_Concorde_Intrepid/ELH_9.PDF

It has everything you need to know about the 2.7L. It doesn't get any more detailed than that!
You're Damn Right it doesn't get any More Detailed Than That!!!. That's WTH I've been Looking For. These other Folks kept telling Me everything else but what I needed/asked For. I Needed to know what section to go to, w/o going through all the wiring and all other BS in there that I didn't need. The 2001 Section has great info, But I think it needs to be Re-Labeled properly, Like all the sections from One to where it ends, for easy navigation so people who don't know what that "ELH" stuff mean can find what they need more easily.
But Yo, Thanks-A-Thon RONBO, You're the Man!
Probably won't be able to thank You enough.

·
Premium Member
16,634 Posts
The motors are pretty much the same for all 6 years of production... FYI.
The only part on the 2.7 that I can think of that changed during the entire LH car run is the timing chain tensioner attachment method. Oh, the oil pump capacity was increased mid-'99 MY (but is interchangeable), some oil galleys may have been tweaked, and they added the PCV hose heat exchanger,.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I come to You again RONBO, I Need the Part Of The Manual that Shows How to Detach the Block From Transmission. The one I have about the Engine doesn't show how to do that and/or what bolts to take off to remove the Block From The Car.
Please Help.
Thanks.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Looks like in that same section 9 for the engine starting on page 9-32 it outlines how to remove the engine. Not sure what else you need.

·
Premium Member
16,634 Posts
I think the part your asking about is what they refer to in the FSM as the structural collar - the part underneath that bridges between the transmission and the oil pan.

If that's not it, you need to explain better what part you're talking about - or provide a photo or two.

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Looks like Peevee has taken over. I'm out!

·
Woober Goobers!
49,877 Posts
Not really worth my time and effort to research these things anymore. He can deal with them...LOL!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the part your asking about is what they refer to in the FSM as the structural collar - the part underneath that bridges between the transmission and the oil pan.

If that's not it, you need to explain better what part you're talking about - or provide a photo or two.
The Structural collar doesn't hold the block/engine to the transmission. Also I have read through all the section 9 in the FSM It dosen't show how to separate the engine from the transmission, it only shows how to hook up the hoist.
But, I mean the bolts that holds the block/engine to the transmission is what I need to know where & how they are located, so I can loosen & pull the block out.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
take off all the bolts for the oil pan collar, remove the 4 torque converter bolts, then undo all the bolts on the side and top. Pretty simple!
Yea, Pretty simple for you if you've done it before. But thanks, you gave Me the most useful answer. thus Far though. The Oil Pan & structural collar is Out already, I need to know where and how to get to the Torque converter bolts, Do they need to be fished out through the holes in the Flywheel? Or where is the Top & Side Bolts You said located? Top & Side of what? - The Transmission?

Also, If there's direction/diagram in one of the FSM Sections, Can You send Me a link to it? That'll help Me a lot.
Thanks.

·
Bitches be like...
16,618 Posts
you already have the FSM yes? Its in there. The torque converter bolts are on the flywheel. rotate the crank until they come into view and then undo them from the bottom, through the window created by removing the collar. The rest of the bolts that hold the transmission to the block are all in plain sight.

·
Premium Member
16,634 Posts
...The torque converter bolts are on the flywheel. rotate the crank until they come into view and then undo them from the bottom, through the window created by removing the collar. The rest of the bolts that hold the transmission to the block are all in plain sight.
^^ that ^^

You rotate the crank to put each bolt at the bottom one at a time for access and removal.

For the other bolts, remove all the bolts that are in the flange of the transmission case where it fits up against the engine block.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts