DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious, Any one here into R/C? more specifically, Gas (nitro) powered R/C? I have 1 or 2 (5 total lol) and i been looking for a trep body. the one i found is a nascar edition, the other is a 300M. anyone seen any worth looking into?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
mrcllusb said:
I've got a nitro truck(T Maxx) that i purchased for my daughter..
I have
CEN CT4S Stock (top speed so far 78mph) WILL BE SOLD IN FEW DAYS
MINI-T (Fireball Motor, big joe tires)
HPI NitroMT2 (needs rebuid)
HPI SAVAGE (custom pride and joy)

SH 28 MOTOR
HPI DUAL DISC BRAKES
PROLINE 40 SERIES MAMBO WHEELS
PROLINE MASHER TIRES
4 SPIDER GEAR MOD
THROTTLE LINKAGE MOD
HPI REVERSE MODULE
OFNA MICRO FAIL SAFE
RAMTECH HOOD
INTEGY WHEELIE BAR
MOTORSAVER FILTER
ROBINSON RACING STEEL GEAR
13T VENTED CLUTCH BELL
DUBRO INLINE FUEL FILTER
GPM UPPER & LOWER ALUM ARMS
GPM SKID PLATE FRONT & REAR
GPM F/R ANIMAL BUMPERS
SPORTZILLA UPGRADE
WAVEJAKE LIGHTS WITH FOG,REV& BRAKE
HB PURPLE ALUM TREADED SHOCKS
HPI PURPLE RIBBED PIPE
YOKOMO DRIFT WING
GPM STEEL TIE RODS
FUTABA 3PM FM RADIO
CUSTOM DODGE RAM BODY

others not worth mentioning
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,697 Posts
I have a few, mostly from the late 80s, early 90s. Coolest is probably my MRC/Tamiya Bullhead I built 15 years ago, modified with complete aluminum suspension, wheelie bar, Dodge Ram lexan body, etc. Still in mint condition today, but not driven in years.

Got a Nitro Blizzard my Dad gave me at college graduation in 1998, still in the box! Need to build it one of these days, maybe once my son gets a little older now.

Also have a Hornet, Falcon, Midnight Pumpkin, and a gas-powered VW buggy I was into in college...

It all started with a $39 Rock Buster, if anybody remembers those from 20 years ago lol. Very similar to a Hornet/Fox...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IntrepidBus IV said:
I have a few, mostly from the late 80s, early 90s. Coolest is probably my MRC/Tamiya Bullhead I built 15 years ago, modified with complete aluminum suspension, wheelie bar, Dodge Ram lexan body, etc. Still in mint condition today, but not driven in years.

Got a Nitro Blizzard my Dad gave me at college graduation in 1998, still in the box! Need to build it one of these days, maybe once my son gets a little older now.

Also have a Hornet, Falcon, Midnight Pumpkin, and a gas-powered VW buggy I was into in college...

It all started with a $39 Rock Buster, if anybody remembers those from 20 years ago lol. Very similar to a Hornet/Fox...

you obviously know what you have. i'd conserve them or post them with a collector and get some serious cash for them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,600 Posts
Hey nightspeed, what R/C forum do you frequent for your Savage?

I used to frequent SavageUnleashed.com, but R/C has been on the backburner for a year and a half now. That site is no longer around.

I have the original Savage21. The best mod I ever did was to put on an ofna .26 pipe. Man it woke that baby up. Next best mod is the bead locker rims...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
04IntrepidSXT said:
Hey nightspeed, what R/C forum do you frequent for your Savage?

I used to frequent SavageUnleashed.com, but R/C has been on the backburner for a year and a half now. That site is no longer around.

I have the original Savage21. The best mod I ever did was to put on an ofna .26 pipe. Man it woke that baby up. Next best mod is the bead locker rims...
i was a member of a few forums but haven't been to one in several several months.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
4,553 Posts
IntrepidBus IV said:
It all started with a $39 Rock Buster, if anybody remembers those from 20 years ago lol. Very similar to a Hornet/Fox...
Ummm...yeah...and you call me old?! :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,188 Posts
I'v never really seen any trep bodies other than the nascar ones. I'm more into trucks, but if I found a trep body I would definitely buy it and airbrush it to look my car. That would be so badass. I currently have a duratrax overdrive st and a t-maxx. The duratrax has given me nothing but problems since the day I bought it but I love my T-Maxx.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm a truck guy too, 3 of my r/c's are trucks, one on road car. can beat the hell out of a civic from the hole, but i don't like the restriction. my truck lets me go ANYWHERE lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
300Michael said:
I have a couple of 300M bodys for my TC3, and have seen the NASCAR Intrepid, but no other LH type vehicles.
dude, i envy your ride. how you like the tc3? shaft drive right?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,254 Posts
I used to be into electric 1/10 scale trucks...

I still have my RC10T3. It would need some work to be race ready, but i still like to take it out and mess with it in a parking lot now and then...


Heres a pic, click it to go a bigger version in my gallery...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,685 Posts
nightspeed98, I like it. While not as good as the TC4's for the price they offer a lot of bang for the buck. I like the nitro but went with electric because of the noise, and you can use them anywhere (some times I take it to past the time at the mall (while the family shops). I call it my little m.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
605 Posts
When i was home on leave i put a new Megatech M16 motor in it.We only got a chance to break the motor in with the standard 2 tanks of fuel before i had to leave again.I'll work on it when i get back home.What kind of radio do you use?I've got the factory radio in it and the steering sucks..Do i need to change to a high torque servo or do i need to change the entire radio setup altogether?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
300Michael said:
nightspeed98, I like it. While not as good as the TC4's for the price they offer a lot of bang for the buck. I like the nitro but went with electric because of the noise, and you can use them anywhere (some times I take it to past the time at the mall (while the family shops). I call it my little m.
wow, that's courageous. nitro to electric??? the noise alone draws i crowd and the always expected (dude, its that gas!!???) :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mrcllusb said:
When i was home on leave i put a new Megatech M16 motor in it.We only got a chance to break the motor in with the standard 2 tanks of fuel before i had to leave again.I'll work on it when i get back home.What kind of radio do you use?I've got the factory radio in it and the steering sucks..Do i need to change to a high torque servo or do i need to change the entire radio setup altogether?
i use a futaba Magnum 3PM-FM transmitter and receiver. a receiver/transmitter will send a faster signal, but if your servo can't respond fast/strong enough, then yeah. i reccomend it. i'm using metal gear servo. forgot which. but because your truck is 4WD, it tends to push on turns. they all do. let off the throttle for a split second and you should get a slightly tighter turning radius.
 
1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Top