DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a proposition to anybody experienced in swapping out rotors and pads. I need to do all 4 corners on my car but don't feel like paying my mechanic $60 an hour to put new rotors on my car for the 3rd time and would like to learn how to do this for myself. I'd be willing to drive there, or you could come to my house. I'm very flexible on how you would like to be compensated, i can pay cash, or trade parts if you like, i can get a lotta things. This doesn't need to be done tomorrow, but the rotors are getting bad, and i've decided to keep my car so i'll probably be doin the irotors. Anybody interested PM me and we can work something out.

-Derek

·
Registered
202 Posts
LOUD98ES said:
I'm very flexible on how you would like to be compensated
I bet if you tossed in some of those baked pecans you'd get a quicker reply, from what I read they're killer.. :bigsmile:

~Xile

·
Registered
11,278 Posts
Let me know how soon you expect to have the new rotors in

I'm more than willing to help you out by my main problem is just finding some spare time

PM Jared (crash459) also, he has done this before and is always a great guy more than willing to help out

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was thinking about doing that but before i do it i wanna see if one of the M's in the yard is a PHP, i'd give him the PCM outright for his help, i know he's lookin for one.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I would be glad to help you out. How soon do you want them done? Do you still need to order your irotors? We can work something out.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually may be having these done by my mechanic now, but i really appreicate the generosity put forth by you guys. What happened was my car went in this morning because i heard some noise comin from the front, sounded like suspension, possibly ball joints. That can get really expensive, but it came back with my mechanic saying he spent over an hour with the car on a lift and couldn't find anything, ball joints nice n tight, maybe a shock beginning the end of its life, but whatever it was it probably wouldn't show its head for another 6 months. So since i won't have to dump another $400-$500 in suspension, i don't mind paying my mechanic to put on new rotors, seeing as i need a throttle body cleaning and my new resonator's coming in this week. But once again, it's nice to know that people are there when you need them, thanx again guys!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts