DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the airbag door on the dash. I finally found a decent one off another Concorde at the pick-n-pull. Disassembly went quickly of course. However, remounting the airbag itself has proven to be a bear! For some reason I can't seem to get the airbag back in its spot. I even dropped the air duct and the bcm mount without success. After fighting it for a solid hour and running out of daylight, no dice. It being heavy doesn't help things either. Are there any tricks or suggestions here? As old as the car is would it hurt anything to leave the airbag out?

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just replaced the airbag door on the dash. I finally found a decent one off another Concorde at the pick-n-pull. Disassembly went quickly of course. However, remounting the airbag itself has proven to be a bear! For some reason I can't seem to get the airbag back in its spot. I even dropped the air duct and the bcm mount without success. After fighting it for a solid hour and running out of daylight, no dice. It being heavy doesn't help things either. Are there any tricks or suggestions here? As old as the car is would it hurt anything to leave the airbag out?
My close friend is looking to do this airbag replacement as well. We'll just finish installing the set of tires and bilstein shocks on the truck this week before we can clear the garage and take the new '97 Intrepid project. Appreciate it if you can share a tip or if better to have it done by a professional.

·
Woober Goobers!
51,014 Posts
See if there's anything in this PDF that will help you. It's for a 1994 but I can't see 1997 being much different.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts