DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious, I live in a Chevy Lovers spot. Just the other night I was sitting around with my buddies and was talking about how I ordered subs and was pricing rims and someone said " before you do anything why dont you get a real car first?" then everyone else chimed in.Chevy this Chevy that, but anyway just wondering if anybody else gets **** about owning a "dodge" Theres alot of mechanics around here that wont even work on dodges. So Im Just Like :thefinger :321: :smilie_fi :flipa: something like that, haha. Its pretty bad. but yeah I love my trep and am glad there is a site like this where we all can appreciate each others beautiful cars.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
My plant supplies Ford.

My boss drives a Dakota, as do I.

Go Figure. Some have mentioned it, but it's pretty much open country at our place, at the assembly plant...if it's not a Ford they'll vandalize your car.

Everything is about choice though. As when my sis was looking for a car, she wanted a coupe and ended up with a Monte Carlo.... *shrugs* you drive what you want, your the one who's paying for it, and fixing it not them.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha yeah here a Ford is hated more than a Dodge. But they are both Disliked very very much. I personally think every make has at least one Model that I would drive so I dont dislike any "brands"

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I get razzled about driving an 'old man car' more than actualy driving a Mopar :p Doesn't bother me tho, cause most people who give me that **** drive Honda, Nissan....

Need I say more? :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Nah, I never really caught anything. There are always gonna be those people who live and die by a certain manu. And it's always ironic how the cars those people are driving are usually some beat up pick-up, or "sports" car.

EDIT: Yea I get those "soccer mom" comments too. I like having a big car....plenty of room for your friends, and you can do other things as well....

·
Registered
436 Posts
it doesn't matter what you own, it's all in how you take care of it, is what makes it last

CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG, but i don't think so. take care of it . and it's yours forever

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
i got **** about how dodge is trash , and why the hell would i own an intrepid, but then i just thought about how i had boned his girl in my backseat when i got it. lmao , she wasnt his girl yet... in fact they met like a week after lol. makes me laugh everytime. i bet he still wants to know what i was laughing at.

·
Banned
439 Posts
if i wasn't 6'3" i wouldn't be driving a car this size
if i was less than 5'8" the intrepid and the ilk wouldn't even be on the consideration list...
driven out of necessity, no so much desire

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
Yeah, when I started to fix up my ride, this girl at work overheard me talking about my lowering job, and putting the 20's on it, and she was like "why are you gettho-ing out your car?" I was like "excuse me?" Then she's like "Hello, it's a "Dodge Intrepid!" "Exactly" I replied.
So about a week later, guess who I catch at a redlight in her little Honda Del Sol, with a supposed intake and an obvious fart can exhaust? (Lets just say she looked about the size of a Hotwheels car in my rearview about 3 seconds after the light turned green. LOL)

Then I printed this pic and brought it to her and asked "Any questions?"

·
Garfield Rules
9,144 Posts
My boss is anti Chrysler anything, and He is a Ford guy. My dad is a Chevy guy. so ya I catch a lot of **** from people. but it is my car and I love it thats all that matters.

·
Registered
19,572 Posts
I had a 95 Thunderbird before the Trep, and before that, an 83 Monte Carlo. Cars are all the same as in if you don't take care of them and do the maintenance, you'll eventually be spending money on repairs. I've never leaned toward one make or another, I think thats a "Nascar" frame of mind. Hell, I've even owned my share of imports.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
I usually get good compliments about my Intrepid, as it seems to be the only good looking first gen in the area. My coworkers tease me by calling me 'al bundy' as they make a few jokes about it breaking all the time and that I love it anyway :grinno: . But they are all impressed with all the work I've done to it. I would get teased for driving my old rusty K-cars and beaters, but I didn't care, I made fun of them too.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah Honestly If I was wealthy Id Probably still drive one it would just be more tricked out!!! I have always liked Intrepids even since I was little and the 1st Gens came out I told myself that that was what I was going to drive someday. Now I do, And Im Glad I fell in love with a car this awesome!

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
ooo i got **** when i was younger but i didn't pay attention,why cause all i had to say was. 'if you would like to walk the rest of the way home keep it up... o yea they stopped after that... only on the internet i deal with kids and their so called sports car... but other then that no ****. i still remember a older guy looked like was 70s told me how nice my car was and how he liked the exhaust.... even when i went to the races people had a shokc look on their face sitting next to me in the line to get to the lanes.

·
Banned
972 Posts
I live in a VEEEEEERRRRRY Chevy town. They're a bunch of redneck/white trash A-holes. So of course they're Chevy fans (except for my neighbor across the street...he drives a Subaru STI, he's ok). I personally hate Chevys, I think their styling sucks, looks like they were put together by grade schoolers using shoe boxes and paper mache, and they handle about as well as if they actually were. Whenever I get flack for my Mopar I just let them look inside my car, after they say "wooooooowwwww", they usually shut up. Dodge is concerned about what the car looks like, inside and out, just as much as how it runs and drives. I don't think you can say that about any other American brands.

I will admit, when I was younger, I was raised in a japanese car family. Of the past 9 cars my dad has owned, they have all been Toyotas. I always thought that American cars weren't as good, and I always thought that Dodge was a bad name. But now that I own one, I'm hooked. I love my car. I won't go back, I know that now.

One of my friends who is a mechanic is a die-hard Chevy fanatic, he hates Mopar, but he told me just today that my car is changing his mind. He loves the styling, and he is really impressed with how much you can do with it just by swapping parts from other LH cars.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ha yeah Gig thats Exactly the kind of town I live in, except none would ever admit that a dodge had great styling and incredibly well thought out interiors. I totally agree with dodges having the best interiors. I really have never seen any so nice aside from expensive imports.

·
Registered
348 Posts
All the time, Merrill is a big chevy town, my in-laws are ford fans, so I get crap from everywhere, but, with the windows up I cant hear 'em....... :biggrin: :biggrin:

I figure there just jelous, cause they cant ride in style like I can.... :fun_08: :fun_08:

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I drive what I drive. I really don't care what other people think. I'm not about to buy a car because someone else thinks it better. I buy a car because I like it. After all I'm the guy driving it.

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Anybody gives me any lip, I just stare unblinking, and blankly at them until they get creeped out and leave.

History:
In 1901 John Francis Dodge and Horace Elgin Dodge moved their Dodge Brothers Bicycle & Machine Factory to Detroit, Michigan. Their bearings and other parts were in demand with the early automobile industry, and they helped design motor parts for early Oldsmobiles.

In 1902 the Dodge Brothers were approached by Henry Ford, who was looking for help in financing his own automobile company. Dodge Brothers helped finance the start of the Ford Motor Company as well as manufacturing parts for early Fords, to Ford and the Dodge Brothers mutual financial benefit.

In 1914 the Dodge Brothers started their own auto company, which they named the Dodge Brothers Motor Vehicle Company. Early models had some similarities to the Ford Model T, but with such refinements as electric rather than crank start, as were becoming popular with the middle class. The new Dodge cars were a commercial success.

In 1917 Dodge Brothers began building motor trucks as well, at first for use by the United States Army during World War I, then commercially after the war's end.

In 1925 the Dodge Brothers Company was purchased by Dillon, Read and Company for $146 million, said to be the largest cash transaction in history up to that time. Dillon Read in turn sold Dodge to the Chrysler Corporation on July 31, 1928.

Following Chrysler's takeover of the British Rootes Group and Simca of France, and the resultant establishment of Chrysler Europe in the late 1960s, the Dodge brand was used on light commercial vehicles produced by Commer (formerly a Rootes subsidiary) and pick-up and van versions of the Simca 1100. Following Chrysler Europe's collapse in 1977, the rights to use the Dodge name in Europe were purchased by Renault, who used it on many Renault-designed vans and trucks throughout the 1980s.

Dodge is now part of the DaimlerChrysler company, incorporating domestic, and German engineering into their product linup to produce the American automobiles with the highest quality standards, highest performance, most distinguished looks, and best overall value.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts