DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were told at work tonight by the union, and an Area Manager that starting tomorrow that Chrysler vehicles will from now on, come with a 7 year/100K warranty standard on the drivetrain. :eek: Anybody heard that one yet? If true, it's about time.
Hope it's true, if we plan to compete!!!! :D

[ November 02, 2001: Message edited by: jwc553911 ]

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
yup its true, just read it on the DC media site. about time for sure.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Actually according to the article on car-truck.com it's only for 2001 and 2002 vehicles purchased between Nov 1, 2001 and Dec 31, 2001. :(

·
Registered
202 Posts
Saw it on TV...couldn't believe it. However, there may be a plus in all this for we who already own the cars.
We all know DC is trying to sell more cars. Maybe in their statistical analysis for DC cars, trannys have shown a marked improvement for reliability in recent years. If so, they could "comfortabily" offer this long term warranty figuring that the tranny is "good to go."
Granted, I haven't read the fine print on what they require to maintain that warranty, but DC offering it makes me "feel better" knowing that the parts, etc on "our" cars should be the same as those that are on the lots now.
Just my 2 cents on it all. "Good for those about to buy!!"

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I's just a 'Holiday' special as announced by Chrysler in the Detroit Free Press (auto.com) and ends 12/31/01.

I spoke with my dealer/salesman and he said it's from November thru December and that Chrysler isn't expected to give any of us who bought 2001 models (My R/T purchased
August 25, 2001) the extra warranty.

I've felt for the last several years, especially with Chrysler spending millions advertising they're improved quality, they should have went to a 5 year 60k bumper to bumper and a 7 year 100k powertrain warranty.

They did it in the 60's and it helped turn the company around, enforced better quality and forced the other makes to respond in kind. They should have done it along time ago.

·
Registered
493 Posts
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I bought my car in August. I wrote a nasty letter to DC about my purchase,(long story).

Maybe they will give me the 7yr as a bonus.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guy who works next to me just bought a new sebring last week, and he can't get one either. :( :(
By the time my Intrepid gets here the 0% will be gone, but i will get the 7/100 anyway. UNLESS OTTOWRKR CAN HELP GET IT HERE BY THE 18th OF NOV ;) :rolleyes:
That would be nice, just tell them that Jürgen
Schrempp is using my name as an alias to check quality for his daughters new autobahn car. :cool:

Oh, and by the way, how do you become a senior member, be one of the 1st 100? I just wasn't sure, and curious.

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: jwc553911 ]

·
Registered
4,811 Posts
dang.....i wish that warranty was a permanent thing. the warranty is the thing steering me away from buying a new trep. but since im not lookin at buying a new car till spring i guess i wont get a stab at that nice warranty :(

·
Registered
973 Posts
-hey, did anyone notice that otto uses a photo of my R/T in his signature? Well, almost my R/T.
-jwc or Jeff, it just takes more posts, 30 I think.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, thanks Don.
I agree, I think we should offer at least a 7/70 standard on powertrain. :rolleyes:

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: jwc553911 ]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts