DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought one today because I'm really getting tired of the layer of dust that can be seen on my black Trep just a day or two after washing it.

Anybody using one, or something similar? Any experiences to report?

Here's the web site for California products in case anybody's interested in reading more:

http://www.calcarduster.com/default.asp

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I use mine for the dashboard of my car, not very useful for up here in Canada, the car gets dirty, NOT dusty :(

·
Registered
4,980 Posts
I use it and I love it! I makes a dusty car look just waxed. Of course if the car is dirty...it won't do much good.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I use one every time I take it out of the garage, mine is about ten years old and completely black, it works better as it gets darker. It also works beter if your paint is very smooth.

Charles

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Snorton Norton said:
Just bought one today because I'm really getting tired of the layer of dust that can be seen on my black Trep just a day or two after washing it.
No the worst is here in the dusty southwest, where you wash your car, go inside to take a shower before going out for the evening and when you come out it is already covered with dust.

I go to Las Vegas a couple of times a year, I usually dust my car twice a day there.

Charles

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
I bought my California Duster from Walmart about 3 months ago for $10. I have no regrets at all. It works great!! Especially when the pollen count is high. I go out wipe "her" clean, and my trep looks just waxed. I'm very impressed with it. :)

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Yeah i have one as well and it works wonders on the car. I live about a half a block from a trucking company's parking lot for their rigs, and the lot isnt paved...needless to say, every morning around 6, and each afternoon around 5 a massive dust cloud rises and covers my car...the car duster is really useful for that.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I think they are great. After I wash & wax I use a California duster at least once a day to get all of the accumulation of dust and pollen off. Really helps that wash last more than a few days. I live near a few quarries and there are a lot of gravel trucks etc...doesn't take more than an hour after I wash before I have a thin layer of dust. I also use Meguiars quick detailer but the California duster is so much quicker and does nearly as good a job. I have never had any problems with the duster scratching the car and the dirtier the duster gets the more effective it seems to be. It is nearly black at this point.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
I have one and I barely use it. I like it though. The problem is that I drive so damn far each day that my car gets a weeks worth of dust in one day. 400+ miles a week.

97 Trep hits 120,000 miles next week. :(

·
Registered
160 Posts
I've got two... a regular one for exterior use, and a mini-one that fits nicely in my door pocket. With the huge expanses of plastic on the dash and console, it works great. Can do the whole dash while waiting for an average red light.

I detailed cars for the NJ Auto Expo... not a big show... 200 cars. But the Duster was a life saver when every car had to be dusted and de-fingerprinted every hour!

Brian

1 - 11 of 11 Posts