DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if this is happening to anyone else's Trep - The black "trim" pieces on either side of the windshield is starting to lose the paint, or whatever they are covered in. Its just on the passenger side on my car and more of it keeps peeling off, especially when I wash it. Can it just be repainted, or should i just take it all off so i have some chromy-looking trim on the sides of my windshield?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
hmm, I do not seem to be having this problem. I get the problem of on the side windows, the molding gets some white stuff on it, pretty hard to take off, have to work at it real well to remove it.

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
JGarrett98 My friend at Rossville Chrysler has had many LHS,Concords,300Ms with the same problems. Take it to your dealer it should be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have a week-old car with 350 miles on it and the black trim between the doors looks <i>terrible</i>. I'm demanding the dealer replace it under warranty, which they seem to agree to. I'm still quite pissed though, that i have to go though this on a 10-day old car....lol

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spook R/T - that would be a great solution, but with 98k on the odometer I'm pretty my warranty is long up... any idea of a cost to get this fixed?

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Dealer here in Eau CLaire says the plastic trim takes a beating when it goes through the automatic car wash. The thing doesn't rinse the soap off well enough, and the soap then attacks the plastic.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I too have the problem with the plastic on the sides of the window getting a white haze especially after I took my car to a car wash. I wonder if Armor All would prevent it?

Peeling paint, I haven't had that problem.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
my plastic between the doors has looked like **** since the day i got it, dealer said if i bitched about it they would replace em, i haven't bitched yet. i slapped on some Black Magic and they look like new.

·
Registered
349 Posts
the white haze on the textured plastic trim on the sides of the windshield is from the car wax more than likely. As for it peeling off, that's a whole other story.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Use Wesley's Black magic silicon solution on the rubber and plasic trim to get rid of the white. I run a waxing business on the weekend and run into this problem on alot of cars. The stuff is pretty cheap and can be found in any autoparts store.

·
Registered
558 Posts
The black trim under each of my side windows has a rainbow-type effect. Looks like an oil stain running along the line. With the black car, it doesn't show too bad, mainly in the sunlight. Kinda looks neat having that affect on the car. Anyone have the same thing and how do you get rid of it?

Danny
Capitalcity RT

1 - 12 of 12 Posts