DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
95Intrepisize said:
I have moisture in there like no other. I am thinking about drilling there but where, I think underneath wouldn't be smart cause it would get into whats underneath. Maybe at the bottom corners?
My reflector bar was loaded with water & moisture... I drilled two small holes, one at each bottom corner, along the edge of the black housing. Worked like a charm. :biggthump

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
take it off, let it dry, then seal it up with silicone.

·
Speed is Power
6,687 Posts
Kosta, I have a pair of corners, that are in pretty good shape, far from new, but if you want those we could make a deal.

·
Registered
130 Posts
if im goin to buy corners, id get the clear ones and some new headlights..but im not in the marklet to buy anything right now sorry...im just looking for an easy fix...thnx anyway

·
Registered
4 Posts
In My 96 trep it had alot of moisture also back there, I took the whole assembly out and found that there are 2 1/4 inch holes on the ends near the bottom covered with stickers.

all I did was open the 2 holes and plug 1 of the light openings with tape then took a thrift store hair dryer on low setting and pointed it at the 1 large hole opening, with the 2 smaller holes open the air flows to the farthest points without having to drill extra holes (damn shoulda took pictures).

Then I noticed around the edges of the whole thing the factory seal/glue was some porous crap looked like silver lava full of air bubbles, It scraped of pretty easily then I applied some clear silicone (stayed white for 14 days) around the outer edge and reused the 2 stickers to cover the 2 small holes.

then I reinstalled it and seen that there was still a little bit of moisture in there, without taking it out again i just took out the bulb sockets and plugged 1 hole and did the hair dryer thing again in car.

no more moisture so far and we have had some rainy weather around here lately (seattle! go figure)

anyways hope this helps.

I

·
0 Posts
Might want to drill it at an upward angle from the bottom of the light. If you are looking from the back and see any portion of light come from the lense through a hole it can fail inspection. Rain also can't get in (easily) and water can get out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts