DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eagle One keep clean? Its supposed to basically be Rain-x for your wheels...

Figure its worth a try at least, to help with that pesky brake dust....

·
Registered
22,212 Posts
Just bought some for $3.99, and I will be taking it back tomorrow for a refund. The product smells like diesel fuel, and dried with white streaks all over my factory painted wheels. I followed the directions to the letter, and the white "haze" was supposed to fade away, and leave an "invisible coating" behind.................Ah, no.
I bought it and tried it and my clear coated wheels are still sparkling after a week and a half and two trips to Atlantic City from Philly. This product is amazing. I was skeptical at first on buying it, but eagle one has never let me donwn. I DEFINITELY reccomend this product. Im about to oout my Chrome 20's on the car for the summer and the bottle says its safe for chrome so I will try it out and see how it works on those
I bought it and used it and I recommend for everyone to use it. It works great. Just make sure you spray it on all of the wheel and let it sit and dry. My wheels are usually pitch black after a week. With using this they are still bright
Keep Clean - Eagle One?? - Autopia.org

·
Registered
946 Posts
Would putting a coat of wax on the wheels help?
Thats all I do^^^^^ I mean I still get brake dust who doesn't with these big cars, but it seems to help keep it from sticking. Sometimes just keeping them clean more often helps too.

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Doug, I think its funny someones going to be taking back a bottle that cost 3.99 LOL.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Maybe the dude who had hazed wheels put it on while they were still hot... never tried it though. I just wash mine :p

·
Registered
211 Posts
I haven't used the spray, but I've been using the Eagle One rim polish for a while and it seems to work well....so far. Only problem is that the rags I use ALWAYS turn jet black - either because of the dirt I'm pulling up, or that's just the way chrome polish works....the black never seems to get lighter.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think its at least worth a try. Gotta figure out now if its available locally or not. Advance Auto parts is supposed to stock it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Do half the wheel let us know the results. I've heard that it does work if properly applied but if I see brake dust on any of my cars I know it's due for wash anyway. Might use it on my garage queen Avenger since the wheels are the first and sometimes only thing that gets dirty.

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey, lets do a multi car test, I will come over and use yours and we will both test it cause maybe you will not apply it correctly! :biggrin:
Or maybe you wont apply it correctly hee hee....we'll do that. Good to have more than one test subject.

Do half the wheel let us know the results. I've heard that it does work if properly applied but if I see brake dust on any of my cars I know it's due for wash anyway. Might use it on my garage queen Avenger since the wheels are the first and sometimes only thing that gets dirty.
I'll do the drivers side only and drive it for a week and compare both sides.

Hopefully I can pick some up Sunday at Advance...if not I'll have to order online.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts