DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if anyone here has a magellan roadmate. I just picked one up used and found out that its basically useless without the CDs. I assumed I could just download them, and now found out I can't. I hope someone will be willing to either make me a copy or let me download it from them.

·
Registered
122 Posts
if you have a model that is lower than the 700, you will have to repeatedly download maps if you travel across vast distances..........

i had a magellan 700, before switching to lowarnce (the screen is 5 inches lol, and the unit weights 8 lbs)

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I have a 300. I have a couple of SD cards and they have most of the maps I'll need. Unfortunately I inadvertently formatted the internal memory and now hte basemaps are gone. Magellan wants me to send it to them for service, but from what I read online the software includes basemaps and you just need to find them and manually copy them to the gps. So really, I just need those files for now!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
aww man, sorry to hear about that, can you download the basemaps from online?

how bout selling the 300 online and purchasing a 700? 700 is not that much more expensive to 300 now, i see it on ebay and other sites for like 300 dollars =)

hope everything goes ok!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
A roadmate 700 is more like $700......where the hell did you find one for $300?

·
Registered
931 Posts
I just did a quick search and found a roadmate 700 for $370 buy it now on ebay. I sure wouldn't mind one.

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
silrturbo said:
aww man, sorry to hear about that, can you download the basemaps from online?

how bout selling the 300 online and purchasing a 700? 700 is not that much more expensive to 300 now, i see it on ebay and other sites for like 300 dollars =)

hope everything goes ok!
The bastards at magellan want me to send it in for repair. According to them, the format internal memory option isn't for users to perform. So I ask myslef, why in hell would you put an option in the menu that totally screws up the unit and requires it to be sent to the factory?? Others have had the same problems and it can easily be fixed if you have the disks or the software installed. I'll need them anyway to upload new maps when I go down south, but for now I'd just be happy if I could try it out with the maps of the northeast I have on an SD card. I contacted tech support and they haven't gotten back to me yet. There is nothing to download online and I don't know what to do. I really don't want to buy another becasue I don't travel that much and I only bought this because I got a good deal and I'm planning on going to myrtle beach and maybe carlisle this summer. I guess i'll just have to wait on their crappy ass tech support!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts