DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 ES with the factory Infinity system. If you aren't familiar with it there is a bulky head unit and a 4-disc changer in the dash. I will soon be taking those out and putting in a secret-squirrel system of my own design into the dash.

What I'd like to know is if anyone here has lighted pictures of the dash area - specifically where the audio gear is - without the factory "waffle-board" plastic dash template on. I would also like to know if anyone has any pictures of the area under and/or around the ashtray as I would like to use the ashtray (currently filled with miscellaneous coinage) to house a switch/button box.

Also, if anyone has the precise dimensions to the "cage" (or whatever it's called that provides mounting points for the head unit and disc changer) I would appreciate it. This is one of the final pieces of info I need before building the enclosure for my secret-squirrel system. I can't build it without knowing what I have to work with. :D

One other piece of information I'd like is a picture that also shows the immediate area around the "cage" as I may want to utilize it to store other components in my secret-squirrel system.

I realize that I could get this information myself, but I'm not sure how to get the waffle-board thingy off of the dash without breaking it. :rolleyes: Car audio installation isn't my forte'. Once I've completed the fabrication of the unit I'll have a local shop do the actual install.

Thanks!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now that I've had some sleep, it occurs to me that I can simply just ask if anyone can explain the exact procedure for taking off the plastic "waffle-board" dash cover thing and the procedure for putting it back. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm still trying to figure this out myself. I have a first gen so I don't know how different it would be, but anything I come up with, I'll let you know. Also if you go to pioneer's website, they sell custom fit chrysler speakers.

·
Registered
581 Posts
I'm Confused.

secret squirrel?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to be the one to rattle your brains. :D

Secret Squirrel = Basically a desktop PC I've designed that has been shrunk down to the size of a head unit that will be placed in my car and have GPS, Voice Response, Audio Playback, DVD, a (maybe two...dunno yet) touchscreen VGA LCD display, and other items that I will add over time. I've called it "Secret Squirrel" for now because I have no pictures to show anyone as I've not built the enclosure as of yet and still need to design my switch box & custom mini (20 keys max) keyboard.

So...does anyone know how to take the dash cover thing off without breaking it?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts