DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to get some of these for $140 (CDN) here in edmonton... seem like a good deal? Anyone know of anywhere cheaper? I want some red ones... :drool:
Lite Glow Led underbodys

That wouldn't be to "ricey will it? Do neons look better than LED's (I'm looking for a soft "glow" effect. And do cops hate red underbodys? I found out they hate blue stuff the hard way ($$$)

·
Registered
603 Posts
they're pretty good, except for the side tubes which noone ever thinks of making them a little longer for people with bigger cars like us. I'm not sure if your trep's lowered, so if you want to get that soft glow keep the tubes tucked high for less chances of having the "spots" underneith.

Yea, i think they hate the BRIGHT RED ones, but there's this truck near my house that always has his red led kit turned on but the truck's at stock height so only if you know what that low red glow is will you notice. I think you might get away with it if the actual tubes or leds are not visible.

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
I sell LiteGlow lights when I want to. They work good, but I won't use their regular neon underbody kits anymore due to the fact that the transformers are in the tubes and any water will kill them. I have not used their LED kits, but they should be 100x better. I haven't even bothered checking prices on neons in about 2 years, so I couldn't tell you what the normal price on them is.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet... I think I'll get them! A little searching found them for around $80 US on some sites, so with exchange & shipping they'd work out to the same price... I'll try to tuck them up as far as possible (I'll be putting springs in soon)

·
Banned
5,268 Posts
kcarlos2000 said:
I have the their LED kit and the only problem I have with it is the foot print of the light is not as great as a neon kit, but they are brighter. Just my .02
Thats the problem with any LED kit. LEDs produce a more directional light than neons do.

·
Registered
90 Posts
hi u guys doin. i have a red 2000 Trep 2.7 and i got a streetglow kit on mine. the blue line series to b more specific. the only problem i have had with the kit are the side lights. the length is fine but as the lights go further back they start to hang towards the ground more. so u see half of the light and not the other. the cops hate the red lights too. i was almost pulled over one night because i had them on. the cop made a big u-turn and followed me. i switched them of with the switch that comes standard with the kit and pulled into a gas station. no problems with the front or the rear lights

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Laws vary from place to place...Here the only stipulation is that there's no bulb visible from the front or rear of the car. I've got blue and have been pulled over before but i explained that to the officer and he actually apologized to me for troubling me. It was kind of weird actually.. :D Where did you find the Led's for 80 bucks? My transformer's quit on my Gold series and i'm looking for a new deal.

·
Registered
8,625 Posts
Pics

bgcountry386 said:
hi u guys doin. i have a red 2000 Trep 2.7 and i got a streetglow kit on mine. the blue line series to b more specific. the only problem i have had with the kit are the side lights. the length is fine but as the lights go further back they start to hang towards the ground more. so u see half of the light and not the other. the cops hate the red lights too. i was almost pulled over one night because i had them on. the cop made a big u-turn and followed me. i switched them of with the switch that comes standard with the kit and pulled into a gas station. no problems with the front or the rear lights

how do you have them connected to the bottom of the car. I have a kit on mine and you can not see the tubes at all. I have some pics if you would like to see how mine are installed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
well i have them bolted there with the plastic straps that come with the streetglow kit. only problem is that they rub on the machine weld as it goes back. things is im all set with drillin any wholes in my car. and i also need to find a place or person for some custom taillights or somethin. instead of debagin the rear "INTREPID" maybe replace it with a illuminated "INTREPID" badge.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts