DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a great deal on a lightly used 30GB white zune on ebay tonight - $93 shipped to me, comes with original box and everything. Anyway, I've never had one, don't know anyone that has one - does anyone here have one? If so, how do you like it? Any complaints? Praises?

I've had two iPods before - a 20GB 3G (no photo, no color) and an 80GB 4G (color, photo). I sold the photo because I never really used it but I regret selling it now. I still have the 20GB but it has some problems.

It was a good deal... actually for anyone interested on buy.com you can get the brown 30GB zune for $99 + shipping, and if you're a first time customer you can get $10 off with google checkout, but there is a 2-4 week delay in shipping and I don't want to wait that long lol.

So yeah, just wanting to know people's thoughts on them!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Doesn't work with a car stereo connector :(

The only reason I now own an iPod.........it's the only MP3 player I can control with my car stereo and will display song info on my deck. Friggin Apple monopoly :(

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Doesn't work with a car stereo connector :(
Well, my headunit has an RCA aux input, so I have a RCA-headphone jack connector in my car right now that I have my Sirius hooked up with - but I find myself wanting to listen to music from my computer in my car more than whats on Sirius. I am probably going to cancel my Sirius after this 6 months is up.

So, I'm thinking using the headphone jack deal will work.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
yes it does with some special cable
BULL, I've never seen one! Find me one for my Zen Vision: M while you're at it!!! Aux input jacks suck compared to a dock connection to the stereo.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have found that they make FM modulators for the Zune... I'm not sure if they have any kind of "Zune integration kit" like they have for iPods... I'm not really too concerned because the way I am going to be set up will work.

·
Registered
539 Posts
in my opinion zune has a better layout. and the update that is coming out in november is going to let it sync wirelessly to computer I think.

·
Registered
552 Posts
After getting at least 5-10 iPods at work for various issues per day, I opted for a Zune after my good'ol generation 3 iPod finally met its last day.

In terms of navigation it's great. The iPod's heat touchpad beats it overall, but not by too much; very simple and easy to use.

Quality wise, it's better. The case is thicker, but if you take a look at the case you'll see there's a outer plastic lining protecting the Zune - something the iPods lost after they went to the colors and then to the videos, which helped (along with compacting the **** out of interior components) to lead to their duration in quality.

Freezing, which is something that still happens in the touch, let alone the videos (or 'classics' now) is minimal, if that, which is a definite benefit. The screen quality on the 3'' LCD is absolutely fantastic.

Audio quality, I'd say it's a hair better than the iPod or really anything else I've heard, but not something you'd consecutively notice on a day-to-day basis.

Battery life is a slight issue. If you turn off wireless (which you should because as much as Microsoft advertised the 'everyone can share songs!' feature, it rarely ever happens) and then dim the backlight and turn the amount of time the backlight stays on after an action, you can get decent battery life. I know I use mine on my 1,500 watt sound system in my car and I can get about 3 days use out of it with that and the gym runs.

The default headphones are **** though. Get rid of those. Overall, I'd say especially for the price go with it. The Zune program is nowhere near as good as iTunes is, but the product in itself, especially for this price, is a great way to go.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice write up Vig... sounds like a good deal to me! And yeah, I hate the headphones that come with any mp3 players.... my ears are small and earbuds are really uncomfortable for me - I am a fan of nice over-the-ear headphones.

3 days of battery life is more than enough.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ha, Chet you must not have read my post! I found that deal, but they are out of stock and aren't expected to be in stock for another 2-4 weeks. Newegg also has the same deal and their ETA is 11/20. I didn't feel like waiting that long!!

·
Registered
4,707 Posts
Yep, just caught the eBay one, sorry. I think I'd wait myself, just for the fact that it's gonna have a warranty, and it's only 6 bux more.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Yea, I hit up that BUY.COM deal. It's brown, not really a great color, I have seen slip-on sleeves for them, so I can change the color if I ever get the urge.

When I placed the order, expected ship date was November 14th. Since this is going to be my first MP3 player (since the old days, when I owned an I-River with 128MB, but rarely used it) I really don't have a problem with waiting for it. I haven't quite gotten into the portable MP3 deal yet, so it's not like one of those things that "I can't live without"; at least not yet...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts