DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone Interested in Chrome Plating our Plastic Exterior Door Handles on our
2-Gens?.
Im trying to search out companys that chrome dip PLASTICS, That'll LoooOk SooO sweet!, I'll make the 300m, and LHS owners, F'N DrooOol Over Our Handles!,lol,:), How bout it guys?

Searching 4 Companies.......

Thanks!

~LUISA~

·
Registered
265 Posts
Just so u know... If you buy chrome door handle covers for a 05-06 dodge charger the cover for the inner handle is the same exact one as the second gen trep. You just cant use the outside one. You can buy a set for about 80 bucks

·
Registered
265 Posts
not the outside part of the door handle, it covers just the door handle its self. It comes in a 8 piece kit but u can only use four pieces

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
ya dipping is better for sure.

I thought chargers had an option or something in chrome... ie 300m chrome switches.

Im gonna ask around and see how much dipping will cost. It would suck if the dip came off tho... my handles are scratched up just by my fingernails.... so i dunno anymore.

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I want handles like the Acura TL (4-actual chrome dipped Door handles) It will make the LH Plat Look for more expensive bro, especially with the 6- Piece chrome pillar set(F/R), and the 300m chrome window trimming, Very Niiiice, ;) Wachu guys think?

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
luisa said:
I want handles like the Acura TL (4-actual chrome dipped Door handles) It will make the LH Plat Look for more expensive bro, especially with the 6- Piece chrome pillar set(F/R), and the 300m chrome window trimming, Very Niiiice, ;) Wachu guys think?
Yep, Cops will see you coming 10 miles away.... :smilie_lo
The overlays might look OK from far but knowing they're not real chrome handles would make me feel uncomfortable in the first place...

·
Registered
4,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I feel the sam ehere, and another thing is, if one of my little cousins or friends, just run and open the door, he might bend up a template, or scratch it, since these stainless steel plates mark up easily. You have to super careful, and also just worried of them coming off of them self adhesive from the extreme temps over here in the north east this summer, 90+ degreese, (my car is dark blue, almost black,lol) so it will attract sooOo much heat in the parking lot, so Chrome dipping is my wish!,:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.