DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a 1994 dodge intrepid es for a 16 yr old. i live in in colorado. any help would be great thanx

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
im 17..have a 1998 concorde..i pay i think 2800 a year..740 every 3 months..

i have 2 speeding tickets..and an accident pending..the insurance company knows it wasnt my fault..but they still jacked it up..untill they get the lady that hit me insurance info

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
When I had my 93 trep and only having a drivers licence for a little under a year. 3 years ago. (I was just turning 21) I know little old to just getting a licence. But never needed a car while in MA. But anyways, for basic insurance I paided $700 a year. With my 2000 Trep I pay $2,400 for full coverage. It's so high cause I'm still under 25, and I have an SR22.... Don't get caught withought insurance!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
insurance for me is so much!

it would be 1500 dolars every 6 months on my intrepid. and that alot of money.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
sounds about right..i got 10% off for drivers ed..and 15% off for good grades

I have full coverage

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dude progessive...........

doesn't even offer any type of discount for good grades or drivers ed. its so messed up.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Have you tried searching for a better price? I have progressive too, but for me it was the cheapest around by $600 a year.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
J-dub94 said:
doesn't even offer any type of discount for good grades or drivers ed. its so messed up.
Just like DCellBatteries I have Progressive too. 2 speeding tickets: 84 mph in a 40 mph zone, and 56 mph in a 40 mph zone (both the same road)... only one point... no discounts for good grades. Wtf!? lol...

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
crombie said:
84 mph in a 40 mph zone
Damn.... Hee hee I never got caught doing that. or 140mph in a 75mph... tee hee... I always get caught doing 10 over, but being military helps with that.... except once in WI.... Damn trooper.. doing his job:wink:

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
DCellBatteries said:
Damn.... Hee hee I never got caught doing that. or 140mph in a 75mph... tee hee... I always get caught doing 10 over, but being military helps with that.... except once in WI.... Damn trooper.. doing his job:wink:
The 56 mph in the 40 zone was reduced to a 46 in a 40 ticket. Also it was my last day of active duty in the Navy (November 15, 2001) ;) :bigok:

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Ah I C.... Not to hijack this thread... That's cool that you were in the Navy.

·
Registered
9,831 Posts
DCellBatteries said:
Ah I C.... Not to hijack this thread... That's cool that you were in the Navy.
The 84 in a 40 was also reduced to a 50 in a 40. But I still got the one point. When my car was keyed May of 2002, Progressive held that against me, and that also caused my rates to go up slightly.
Yeah ex sailor here. 7 yrs 10 months.

·
Registered
4,994 Posts
I personally have Allstate and they did take into account my good grades and still take into account *knock on wood* my clean record. Funny because my insurance went down when I got the truck.

·
Registered
753 Posts
My stepson (20 yrs) was paying $300 per month for only pl & pd on a '92 Caravan/.

he down as an occassional driver now on our '99 Grand Am & '04 Trep and his insurance is still around $85 per month. No tickets, and Driver's Ed.

·
Woober Goobers!
50,623 Posts
At 16 you want to pay the same price as someone 40 years old and married and isn't out to wreck their car as soon as they get their license? I'm not saying you're prone to an accident but the statistics show that your risk group leads to the higher payouts. High prices are a fact of life for someone under 25 that isn't under a policy with their parents or someone else. Welcome to the real world. Not having an established record is going to put you in the highest risk category. Sorry to break the bad news to you. And don't be suprised if your insurance costs dont go down in the next 5 years.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I have three vehicles: 2004 Durango Limited with full coverage ($500 deductible), 1995 Chry Concorde with liability only and a 1986 Celica GTS with liability only. I have a half million in liability coverage on all three. I pay a total of $930 a YEAR for all three vehicles thru Liberty Mutual (www.libertymutual.com). That works out to $77.50 a month for 3 vehicles, one with full coverage. This year, my insurance went down $30 from what I paid the year before (same company).

1 - 20 of 32 Posts