DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know exactly what will happen if I got pulled over as a permitted driver, but my passenger is my mother who has been driving for 25 years who has a recently expired license?

My mother can't renew her license due to medical reasons yet she still has to drive everywhere because my father works full time during the day. I would feel much safer with me driving her where she needs to go, but whether I will or not depends on the penalty I wil recieve for driving with her.

Thanks

·
Registered
851 Posts
plead not guilty and come in with your mom and explain to da or judge, i bet youll get off it you were ticketed on that issue. as for reason you were pulled over initialy i cant say if you will get off on that.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
In Rhode Island Its hard to say. I know that if you were in Missouri of Kansas depending on the judge you probably would loose your permit. I know in Kansas for a fact that if your learners permit is revoked for any reason you may not apply for a drivers licence (issured in Kansas and Missouri at age 16 here) untill you are 18 years old and have a court approval.

·
Registered
931 Posts
yeah, just check out your local laws or call the dmv

·
Registered
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ight thanks guys...as for the taking my permit until i'm 18...I am 18 on Saturday. Yes, I am excited lol.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Chances are they (if stopping you) would assume that your mom has a licence and probibly would't even ask to see it!

The car i assume is in her name?

Don't do nothing stupid to get stopped with your mom in the car!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts