DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had an estimate done from an auto upholstery shop he quoted me 940 dollars for new carpet, new head liner, new cloth on the 2 front seats (added foam for the driver seat) and new vinyl on the passenger airbag cover for a grand total of 940 dollars US. I want anyone with experience to way in please, is this too much or is this a reasonable price? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
imho, for waay less you could buy all that from a scrap car and save money! I got myself a scrap car for $200 bucks and had mint leather seats and carpent is mint if I need it (but head liner is crap) plus many more parts!! do yourself a favor and look on craigslist or kijiji for stuff like that and I'm sure you will find it...patience little grasshopper and you shall find ;o)

·
Registered
323 Posts
if it's custom work. and if your willing to pay it. go for it. you get what you pay for. look at some of their before and after work. honestly I think it sounds reasonable.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
and BTW, TFC visits the states all the time(to my understanding) so maybe you guys can arrange something!

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
dude theres always a solution, plus all you do after you grab all the good parts is call a scrap yard and get some of your money back, it's worth the LITTLE BIT of hassles because all the good parts you can get from the donor car is worth it, trust me my donar car has saved my ass!

·
Banned
1,225 Posts
2nd gen leather fron seats are a direct bolt on. 2nd gen rear seats a lil modifaction but can be done. ive seen the hole set go for anywhere between 100-200 at my local yard. 2nd gen seem to be readily available. now all you have to do is worry about the carpet and headliner. the headliner you can just pull it out but becarefull and take it to a seamstress. ive seen that got for a 50-100. i dont have no ideas about the carpet or the air bag cover?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts