DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I hit **** with sticks!
37,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im considering putting a nice performance exhaust system on my 98 Intrepid, 3.2l-- question is, how do they sound? Like a V6 Dakota maybe? My exhaust is still in good shape, and if im not going to get a good tone out of it I dont want to do it-- As smooth as they run, and hearing one run with no exhaust attached, I would think it might sound like a 4 cyl ricer, and I definately dont want that...

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
I used to have a Flowmaster Original 40 Series. Now I have a Flo~Pro V-Force muffler. Neither set-up sounded like a fart can. At certain RPMs it sounds a little raspy, but not like a fart can. They both had a nice deep tone, but not deep like a V8.

I actually recorded some sounds of my current setup, but I can't find the data cable to get the files off my recorder. :(

·
Registered
425 Posts
Dude, you gotta hear my exhaust. Bad ass. Dual setup with Dynomax single in dual out superturbo muffler, stainless steel mandrel bent pipes(Trubendz) from muffler to 2 4" Magnaflow double walled rolled edge stainless steel tips. Check out my CarDomain page for pics(link at bottom) and PM me with your email addy if you want a sound bite or two.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Does a R/T with a 300M Special exhaust system counts?? (front resonator removed) No sound clips though, but it sounds better (not louder) than when I took the muffler out (behind the spare) of my original system. Before it sounded like I had holes in my system. Now, it sounds a lil' bit louder than a 300M Special obviously :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts