DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if anyone else has a really high mileage Trep with the original drivetrain? If so, how is your Trep's performance?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BCintrepid said:
I'm half way there at 227 000km's, so far so good.
I can't believe how well my Trep is driving right now - lots of balls! I have tinkered a lot but it is better. How many cars can reach this type of mileage on the original drivetrain? I drive my Trep hard...maybe thats the secret.
Thanks for your response.
Cheers!

·
Registered
500 Posts
before i bought my lhs my mom had a concorde with the 3.5L and beffore reking it she had 275000 miles (car was bought from auction with 170000) from what I could tell it had the original drivetrain.

·
Registered
54 Posts
got 229,000 miles on it bout 100k on the engine trans about 100 too...but everything else is orig. and going strong...love the dodge's hahah

TREPS ROCK!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any of you guys start having critical sterring/suspension problems after 180k or so? I'm at 193k. The car runs good otherwise, but the steering/suspension has had a lot of repairs and does not inspire confidence.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Holding out 'til 300,000

I just turned 277,000 miles on my Intrepid. I still have have the original drive train. However, I have started to notice a vibration when the car shifts into overdrive. uh-oh!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
yes i do have some suspension problems...just noise though...coming for a losse strut or i don't know what...have 230k on car
TREPS ROCK!!!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am still on the original drivetrain. Will see how long it lasts. By the way, I mentioned my Trep recently overheated because of a slow leak. Well, it has been a week since I added Bardahl's fix leak stuff and I have had NO drips at all! I am very surprised but they sell well for a reason I guess. It is nice (for a change) to check the coolant level and it is normal. I had had my cooling system checked twice under pressure to find this leak and it did not uncover any problem...wierd. Anyway it got worst until I could actually see the leak - right behind the engine in the middle. If I am lucky the stop leak stuff will last for a long time.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I had 211,000 miles on mine 96 3.5L when I gave to a friend, he is still driving it and it is over 220,000 miles now. I plan on putting a least a 1,000,000 miles on my RT. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts