DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
repels dust?????

I have a gravel driveway, own a duplex with my parents, my brother lives with them, he likes to make dust with his POS festiva, and a lot of it.
I washed my car Saturday morning, and by Saturday afternoon it was covered with dust.

Is there anything that will repel dust, or just wishful thinking on my part????

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
You could add new meaning to POS. Like Pushed Over on it's Side festiva. your car will still get dusty, but your bro will have to put his car back on it's wheels.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
Put up one of those vinyl car-ports. Few hundred bucks, you've basically got a garage.

·
Registered
6,100 Posts
qp_20 said:
Just buy some sort of dust mop. It is quick and easy. I think that the product that I am thinking of is called the California duster or something like that.
The California Car Duster is the last thing I would be using in this scenario. If he's doing it often, the duster is bound to get clogged with dust and dirt, and pretty soon he might as well just pick up dirt in his hand and rub it on the hood.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can try putting Calcium Chloride on your driveway to prevent the dust from getting airborne to begin with.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Well if its not too heavy of dust you can use a california car duster, or you can spray wax the vehicle to remove light dust and finger prints. There really isnt anything that REPELS dust, but you could always use sealant (allowed to cure for 24 hours in a low dust environment) and then wax the car with a few coats, and that helps "prevent" dust from sticking, and allows for grime, dust, dirt, everything, to easily wash off the next time because its on the wax/sealant and not on the actual clearcoat. Other then that, you need to shoot the bastard- or ask him to please stop kicking up so much dust, see if he will hose down the area hes ****in around in with water to reduce the amount of dust being thrown up. (obviously not soaked but lightly wet) Other then these solutions.. get a car cover or garage.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I will snap a pic of the dust tomorrow, have to go to work soon.

I dont think I have to worry about bro's car anymore, he just crashed it again, I am praying it goes to the junkyard now.....heh

I take pretty good care of what I use to clean it, I wash all the towels and what not after each use, and dont use fabric softener, let them air dry, I will look into this duster thing, I have to build or buy somethng like a car port anywase, these friggn trees piss sap onto everything, I thought pine tree's were bad, buy was I wrong.....heh

·
Registered
531 Posts
NHPig said:
You can try putting Calcium Chloride on your driveway to prevent the dust from getting airborne to begin with.
Calcium chloride? Isn't that the blue stuff they put on road salt in winter to make it work better? It makes the damage of the salt a whole lot worse than the salt alone when it comes to rust etc. If that's what it is I wouldn't put it on my driveway for anything.

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Slagathor said:
repels dust?????

I have a gravel driveway, own a duplex with my parents, my brother lives with them, he likes to make dust with his POS festiva, and a lot of it.
I washed my car Saturday morning, and by Saturday afternoon it was covered with dust.

Is there anything that will repel dust, or just wishful thinking on my part????
yeah, you take a screwdriver to the ****er's tires and a bat to his head. Problem solved. Let me guess, a younger brother, right?

Seriously though, other than a car cover you might still need to dust it off even with some of the best detailing products.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, younger, but by only 3 years, so he's 33, but he's a bit retarded, he was on med's but his dumb ass doc. took him off them. According to the head shrinkers, he has the mentality of a 13 year old, and shows it quit often.....

BUT:

I got the best news I could get yesterday......

His car is gone, and he wont be getting another one any time soon......

I told my Dad, if he lets him get another one, I am moving, and he can foot the bill for the house by himself.

We each pay 1/2 to 3/4's of the house payment.

Now all I have to deal with is the normal driving dust, not the hemmoroid tearing up the driveway........:multi: :multi:

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
I was reading Mother's discussion forum and when you wax a car, you actually put a slight charge on the surface which attracts dust and particles. It is recommended that after you wax, that you wipe it down with a detailer type spray to remove any surface charge caused by the waxing.

California dusters should be available online, in any car parts store, and Walmart too.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
04IntrepidSXT said:
I was reading Mother's discussion forum and when you wax a car, you actually put a slight charge on the surface which attracts dust and particles. It is recommended that after you wax, that you wipe it down with a detailer type spray to remove any surface charge caused by the waxing.

California dusters should be available online, in any car parts store, and Walmart too.
I'd a never thunk it, thanks for the info.
I will head to Wally's Mart Saturday and see if they have any, and see what they have for spray, or head to Fleet Farm, they had a big ass isle full of car cleaning and detailing stuff.......

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Indiana Intrep said:
Calcium chloride? Isn't that the blue stuff they put on road salt in winter to make it work better? It makes the damage of the salt a whole lot worse than the salt alone when it comes to rust etc. If that's what it is I wouldn't put it on my driveway for anything.
THat stuff is like acid. I had a set of chrome painted rims once, and after one winter that garbage had eaten whatever gave them a nice shiny finish. It also kills the chrome decals on cars. I hate that stuff sooooo much!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts