DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another Hardwareguy vs Heavy Handed Law Enforcement Rant!

I was coming home and I took one of my favorite curves at the speed limit instead of the recommended speed (you know, those yellow advisory signs), which is absolutely a piece of cake for this car (it can do near double without squealing the tires!) but apparently it was enough for a cop to have a reason to borderline tailgate me almost to my house!

He was waiting at a light about a 1/4 mile from the exit of the curve and I guess he thought I came out looking "interesting". He could have gone on this light before I arrived at the intersection as it was a blinking red and I was the only car coming so I KNOW he was waiting for a potential revenue source. He probably wanted to see what other things I would do since the first one was gonna be hard to stick on me.... so I showed him some driving even my insurance company is allowed to see! :devil:

Good thing all my signal bulbs were working!

In Dallas I never get harassed for taking corners at the maximum legal speed or even slightly over for that matter.... but in Abilene, they do that tailgating thing and run the plates if it's after 10:30PM and you aren't driving like grandma. It drives me CRAZY!

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DAMN! They did it to me again last night..... only much earlier! I was drivign home from a friends house and this time I was NOT doing anything that the cops could find fault with and as soon as a cop saw me, he tailed me through several turns until breaking off and turning around as I approached the turnoff for my street..... WTF!?!

Hmmm..... maybe they are looking for a car that looks like mine? Got any theories as to why APD did this TWICE in a row?

·
Speed is Power
6,683 Posts
Next time they are behind you just pull over and see what the problem is lol.

·
Registered
298 Posts
DAMN! They did it to me again last night..... only much earlier! I was drivign home from a friends house and this time I was NOT doing anything that the cops could find fault with and as soon as a cop saw me, he tailed me through several turns until breaking off and turning around as I approached the turnoff for my street..... WTF!?!

Hmmm..... maybe they are looking for a car that looks like mine? Got any theories as to why APD did this TWICE in a row?
Pull over when they start to tail you, phone the police department say a vehicle that looks like a cruiser is following you and you want to make sure its a real police officer and not somebody posing as one :sneaky2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts