DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, starting Friday, I have 60 days to get Apple certified for my job.

I started studying, so hopefully I can get it done. Anyone have any experience that can help me out?

They gave me an iMac and some CD's from Apple with all the coursework. So far it's not too tough, and the Mac OS isn't too bad (I'd like to try X.1 though).

A always wanted to learn the macOS anyways, so here is my opportunity.

I get to study all day at work, and get paid for it (however, reading all day gets tiring quickly).

Oh yeah, if I don't get certified in 60 days, we lose a half a million dollar contract. Talk about pressure..... :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
What are the certs called?

Originally posted by Intrepid99:
Well, starting Friday, I have 60 days to get Apple certified for my job.

I started studying, so hopefully I can get it done. Anyone have any experience that can help me out?

They gave me an iMac and some CD's from Apple with all the coursework. So far it's not too tough, and the Mac OS isn't too bad (I'd like to try X.1 though).

A always wanted to learn the macOS anyways, so here is my opportunity.

I get to study all day at work, and get paid for it (however, reading all day gets tiring quickly).

Oh yeah, if I don't get certified in 60 days, we lose a half a million dollar contract. Talk about pressure..... :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Randy, I don't think it's that hard. You'll probably be pleasantly surprised how easy it is to do things on a mac.... like multiple boot systems, no bios to deal with, extensive control panels for everything, auto boot and auto shut down at specified times, no need to reboot to change the TCPIP stack etc.

OSX is a different kettle of fish though.

If you're stuck, give me a shout and I can probably point to the right direction.

Good luck...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Congrats, you da man! :)

Now.... time to ditch that iMac internet appliance and get a dual G4 tower so you can really play.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I like macs a lot. I wish I could afford the G4's 3k+ price tag though. Thats why I stick with PC's, they're cheap.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts