DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok normally I am pretty much against anything thats apple... even though I requested to have an iBook for my office to do testing. :D

One of my co-workers bought an iPod. Its Apple's new MP3 player. It has a 5gig hard drive, and its real tiny. The interface is real nice with a jog dial. Currently you need an apple G3 with a firewire port to upload the songs, doesn't work with a PC yet. The upload is pretty speedy since its firewire.

I was seriously considering buying one, until I noticed there are no bass (or treible) controls built on. I wan't to know why Apple could not have put these on a $400 MP3 player. I think they really blew it, because if you deal with tons of MP3s, you will notice that different MP3s get recorded at different volumes. I find myself toying around with my "bass boost" on my sony CD player when I am playing CDs that were recorded from MP3s.

They made what could have been a real nice player, into a dud.

I dunno... hopefully they will address this with a firmware upgrade in the future.

·
Banned
3,574 Posts
Apple is marketing it as an MP3 player yes, but from what I gather from Macophiles is that most people who buy it are going to use it for portable data storage, which is its other function.

5GB in a device the size of a pack of cards is pretty good.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not saying is a bad product, I think its pretty cool. But I feel they really blew it by leaving out a simple feature like bass/treble controls.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you have a mac to transfer the files on? Because currently the iPod only works with MACs. Plus there is only a firewire port on there, no usb. My PC laptop has a firewire port, but there is no way the PC will be able to recognize the iPod.

·
Registered
4,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is no compatibility currently for iPods and PCs. There is no usb port on the iPod, and even if you have firewire capibility like I do on my laptop, there is no software thats out currently that will support it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I perfer the CD-R burned with mp3 method myself. The media is dirt cheap, you can get about 6-10 hours on a disc, and the players are readily available.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts