DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering if anyone has had issues with 255 width 20's?

I'm looking very seriously at 255 width on +40 offset 20" rims. I need to know if they're gonna rub or not?

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh well......we're gonna cross fingers and hope for the best. Just ordered 255 tires.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice.........and I LOVE your rims BTW. ADR Sterling's I'm guessing........those were my second choice of rims behind the BSA's I bought.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
yes i have 245...but 255 is ok too..and yes i have ADR Sterlings

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
255's are actually better than the 245's! I got 245's on the new set I just slapped on and they ride a hell of a lot rougher, don't handle as well, and seem underinflated all the time. I'd say go with the 255's 4-SURE!!!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
umm, don't think those tires will be much good in the winter....you did keep your originals for winter time driving, yes?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
cobra65 said:
umm, don't think those tires will be much good in the winter....you did keep your originals for winter time driving, yes?

haha, of course! Those lo-pros would have you surfin the snow!

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ummmmmm, I don't know about you but my Intrepid is now a summer only car and next year a show car only.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm on a college budget too!!! However I did work for a couple years in between the last college diploma I got and the new degree program I'm taking.

I'm feeling guilty about buying the rims and tires............so I'm working a LOT of overtime.........24 hours overtime THIS weekend. I'm so tired.......got home at noon.......slept for 6 hours........and now I gotta go back to work at 6:30 :(

·
Registered
692 Posts
I feel you on that OT rob. I'v been working OT out on the roads for the last 3 weeks. I gotta pay for that electric bill, parking (in philly)<== yea u know thats high haha. My budget is soo limited right now plus I'm working on getting the pad looking good for the ladies haha

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
LOL........for the ladies? Your mom and grandma? :p

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
I run 255's on my 18's, I know that is not what you are looking for, but the next part is the important part. I know that your car is lowered with the H&R springs. Those are the same springs that I use. The springs only lowered my car about 3/4 of an inch, how much did they lower yours? The reason I als is because the 255's are wide, and they will stick out of the wheel well a bit. I personally nearly have an issue with the wheel fully turned. If I had the wheel fully turned and hit a large bump I think that my wheel would go right into my fender. Just something to look out for since you can't change things now. Just keep it in mind.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oops, I'm sorry man, I was joking. I didn't mean anything by it.

......anyways, thanks for the advice on the H&R's......I'll have to check that out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts